GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suicide"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 19:21
Regular
No, not a 'sympathy please' thread, just general views and stuff on the matter.

In America, I am not sure about England, it is illegal and you can be arrested for trying to kill yourself. I think this is wrong, you are in charge of your life and nobody else has the permission to keep you alive or kill you. I think that suicide should be legalised, it would probably prevent the number of people attempting suicice as a 'cry for help' thing.

Some people will say suicide is really pathetic and a cowards way out. I beg to differ. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to cut your own wrists or jump off a bridge. Overdosing is the quick and easy way to do it and perhaps is a bit cowardly but many other methods take a lot of guts I reckon.

Apparently 1 in 3 people between the age of 13 and 19 seriously consider suicide. A lot of them do so because of pressure from exams or parents or from bullying. I have been really depressed in life before and though about it as a plausible option to take, but I know I would never have the guts to do it. People use suicide as a threat to other people, they think that by telling people they are going to kill themselves that they will get sympathy and their lives will be fine again.

So what do you think?
Should it be legal?
It is an easy way out?
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:49
"period drama"
What I hate hearing is 'suicide attempts' which is impossible. If you really want to kill yourself that badly, you'd do it, not 'attempt' it.

As for best way, I'd say jumping off the top of a massive building. You could have some fun on the way down - see how many flips you can do, what position you can land in, who you can land on etc etc. And you can peek in all the windows along the way.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:51
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Yeah, as suicide is all fun and games.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:52
"period drama"
Of course it is.
Although, on further thought, the building shouldn't be too high, or you might change you mind half-way down. Which would be pretty annoying. At least.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Woah, it didn't dawn on me what a nobhead you was! :-P
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:12
Regular
If I was to kill myself.

I'd drink lots and lots and lots of alcohol and pass out and die of alcohol poisoning.

Clever stuff.

(Not that I contemplate about commiting suicide)
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:18
Regular
"cachoo"
I'm no good in this area, but Prozac, that's the stuff the doctors prescibe to people with depression, right?
Can you get it over here? If you tell the doctor straight away you feel you've got depression or any like that, would he/she put you on it 'straight away'?

Curious..
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Anti-depressants make you impident apparently
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:36
Regular
"cachoo"
Strange how this topic just so happens to arrive when I have a friend on the phone having the same problem..
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:38
Regular
I have the firm belief that the only reason you would commit suicide is if you were in great pain. By killing yourself, you are passing this great pain directly onto those who love or care for you.

In this way it is terribly selfish. It takes more guts to find the strength to beat your demons.
Tue 24/06/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
MS NY, heard of fate?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.