GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suicide"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 19:21
Regular
No, not a 'sympathy please' thread, just general views and stuff on the matter.

In America, I am not sure about England, it is illegal and you can be arrested for trying to kill yourself. I think this is wrong, you are in charge of your life and nobody else has the permission to keep you alive or kill you. I think that suicide should be legalised, it would probably prevent the number of people attempting suicice as a 'cry for help' thing.

Some people will say suicide is really pathetic and a cowards way out. I beg to differ. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to cut your own wrists or jump off a bridge. Overdosing is the quick and easy way to do it and perhaps is a bit cowardly but many other methods take a lot of guts I reckon.

Apparently 1 in 3 people between the age of 13 and 19 seriously consider suicide. A lot of them do so because of pressure from exams or parents or from bullying. I have been really depressed in life before and though about it as a plausible option to take, but I know I would never have the guts to do it. People use suicide as a threat to other people, they think that by telling people they are going to kill themselves that they will get sympathy and their lives will be fine again.

So what do you think?
Should it be legal?
It is an easy way out?
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Heh :-D
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Microchips wrote:
> I believe in Science. It's always amazed me and continues to.
>
> It contradicts the basis of religion though,

In what ways exactly?

I have had my fair share of experiences myself, so I'm not going to doubt religion. I believe in Religion myself, yet at the same time I always like to find answers- whcih is why I turn to science.
Wed 25/06/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
"The police have just reported that they've found a dead man in a trifle factory. He was laying dead on the floor covered in cream and 'hundreds and thousands.' They said he topped himself."
Wed 25/06/03 at 10:20
Regular
We seem to be coming down pretty heavily against those who do top themselves here.

So somebody weighs up the options, decides it's easier to die than to live.
An easy way out? Yes, but so what? If they're right why torture themselves? If the only prospect they face is a life of pain, suffering and misery then what exactly is the problem with them taking the easy way out?

Would you stand by the decision of someone who crawls through broken glass rather than take the easy way out of wlaking around it?

As for invalidating their motives, the whole 'other people have it worse' argument, how the hell do you know how they feel?
Are you so shallow as to define peoples' happiness by their posessions or their lifestyle?
Of course having money and a bunch of stuff can make life easier, and sets you on an better road than those without, but to invalidate peoples' feelings because they'd otherwise fall out of you cash ranking system? Shut up.

Of course, doubtless many who consider it do so rashly, without fully considering what potential they have in their life or the benefits of working through their problems, but there are also pleanty of others for whom a 'right' decision isn't quite so cut and dry.

Personally? I considered it, and decided against it. A few years on and things picked up a bit. I'm not going to go into details with you though.
Wed 25/06/03 at 09:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
In some instances I think it should be mandatory. Big brother contestants, Boy bands, People who disrespect me...
Wed 25/06/03 at 04:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Kyz22 wrote:
> Microchips wrote:
> I believe in Science. It's always amazed me and continues to.
>
> It contradicts the basis of religion though, and therefore any
> un-ignorant person must doubt religion, hypotetically speaking.

No it doesn't. Well not the bible anyway.
Wed 25/06/03 at 04:38
"I love yo... lamp."
Skorp1on wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Personally however, I am NOW against suicide. I do think it is a bit
> of a wimps way out. That was what stopped me from jumping once. I
> was
> there, standing on the bridge ready to jump. Then I thought about
> why
> I was o down. Then decided that I could just move away, make a fresh
> start. So I did.
>
> What made you want to jump, sorry if it's personal.

It is but I'll give you the short version. Girls, a friends death, various other pressures, and someone who had a vendetta against me and tried to kill me.
Tue 24/06/03 at 23:38
Regular
"I've tried suicide once and i'll do it again, that's why I write songs where I die at the end"
Tue 24/06/03 at 23:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
If there is a heaven, I'm in there.

Unless I need to be religious... which I don't think is fair. I'm nice so should be allowed in.

:P
Tue 24/06/03 at 23:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Thank-you Sheepster, he loves you too. :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.