GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suicide"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 19:21
Regular
No, not a 'sympathy please' thread, just general views and stuff on the matter.

In America, I am not sure about England, it is illegal and you can be arrested for trying to kill yourself. I think this is wrong, you are in charge of your life and nobody else has the permission to keep you alive or kill you. I think that suicide should be legalised, it would probably prevent the number of people attempting suicice as a 'cry for help' thing.

Some people will say suicide is really pathetic and a cowards way out. I beg to differ. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to cut your own wrists or jump off a bridge. Overdosing is the quick and easy way to do it and perhaps is a bit cowardly but many other methods take a lot of guts I reckon.

Apparently 1 in 3 people between the age of 13 and 19 seriously consider suicide. A lot of them do so because of pressure from exams or parents or from bullying. I have been really depressed in life before and though about it as a plausible option to take, but I know I would never have the guts to do it. People use suicide as a threat to other people, they think that by telling people they are going to kill themselves that they will get sympathy and their lives will be fine again.

So what do you think?
Should it be legal?
It is an easy way out?
Thu 26/06/03 at 10:16
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
This is NOT a "is religion justified" thread, and I cannot understand why is has morphed into one.
Thu 26/06/03 at 09:07
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
So what's your concept of god?

Is he really, really big and handcrafted the whole universe?

If so, then I find it even more disturbingly farfetched.
Thu 26/06/03 at 00:40
"I love yo... lamp."
Well yes Shocktrooper, there are billions of stars. But is it not possible to accept that if there is a God then he might just have a reason for them all that we don't understand?

By the same token I could go on and on for hours as to why he has to exist. But there is no point unless your open minded about it, which is something most people are not.

But those who say God is in us all or something along those lines are just stupid.
Thu 26/06/03 at 00:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
God is The Matrix.
Thu 26/06/03 at 00:12
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
People are simply not being realistic in saying that God created the universe.

Would everyone agree with me that the universe consists of billions upon billions stars? If so, then if god created the universe, did also make other planets with other life forms? Why bother creating a solar system if earth is the only planet holding life? If the universe is so big, why when people pray do they think God should answer them? Them, the people who, in terms of size, are insignificant, even in the country in which they live, let alone the universe?
Or perhaps god can care for us all at once? Perhaps he's a spritual being who left his presence with us in a spritual form?
If so, then why are there hundreds of religions?

I'm bored. I could go on for ages about why god cannot exist. If anyone were to say something cheesy like "He exists in us all", then he only refers to people who have been blinded from a very early age, forced due to their upbringing to believe in something that isn't true, but they don't know anything better because they're been taught that way.

This topic is too complicated.
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:57
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I agree about people having to have alot of guts to do it, but it is an easier way out of some situations. I'm not sure about the legal side of it though.
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:40
"I love yo... lamp."
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> personally after all i've been through, i think that some religious
> folk are a pile of tosh. take Jehovah's witnesses for example. i was
> once part of them, but we no longer had any love for them after
> discovering that they actually had a sek offender's register in their
> organisation. there are some good people, but faceless organisations
> and corporations are the scum out their. they are like the algea of
> the true water, or the weeds choking the plant of inner prosperity

That is absolute bull. There is not a sex offenders register in the Jehovahs Witnesses. I know people who are JWs. Panorama gave them very bad press wrongly. JWs are the nicest people you could meet. One bad one does NOT mean that they are all like that. And it is EXTREMELy ignorant to even suggest as such.
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:37
Regular
Worth suicide being illegal or legal.

If you have the momentum built p to do such a thing as kill yourself, no law will matter to you. You'll be dead anyway.
Wed 25/06/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Light of the world"
Ant wrote:
> Kyz22 wrote:
> It contradicts the basis of religion though, and therefore any
> un-ignorant person must doubt religion, hypotetically speaking.
>
> Oh don't talk bull. You can't say that without experiencing religion
> yourself, which no doubt you haven't.
>
> I'm not ignorant - religion isn't about following the Bible and doing
> exactly what it says, going to church every week and it's not about
> proof either.
>
> I don't care how much science proves (which isn't much it has to be
> said), nothing will ever sway my opinion because of the experiences I,
> and others around me have had.

I agree with ant. By trying to look at religion you can't simply add it up with science. There are many things in this world that cannot be explained still. In a sense if you look at religion in a scientific way you will only compare it to what you know already. You are not really allowing yourself to see any further. It is true that unless you allow yourself to experience god you probably won't. My belief is that he has given you a life. You have a journey. God leaves a door there and it is your choice if you try to open it and take a peak. People who are blinded by facts and evidence won't be able to see anything other than the humanic things and facts around them. Science tries to prove and evaluate things in a rational way for man. God isn't man. Anything further than the things we see and touch we have to have a kind of faith and chance that it is there. By ignoring it or comparing it to facts you wouldn't be able to see and experience it anyway. It is a choice every individual chooses. I know the harder one.
Wed 25/06/03 at 20:58
Regular
sek = sex

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.