GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suicide"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/06/03 at 19:21
Regular
No, not a 'sympathy please' thread, just general views and stuff on the matter.

In America, I am not sure about England, it is illegal and you can be arrested for trying to kill yourself. I think this is wrong, you are in charge of your life and nobody else has the permission to keep you alive or kill you. I think that suicide should be legalised, it would probably prevent the number of people attempting suicice as a 'cry for help' thing.

Some people will say suicide is really pathetic and a cowards way out. I beg to differ. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to cut your own wrists or jump off a bridge. Overdosing is the quick and easy way to do it and perhaps is a bit cowardly but many other methods take a lot of guts I reckon.

Apparently 1 in 3 people between the age of 13 and 19 seriously consider suicide. A lot of them do so because of pressure from exams or parents or from bullying. I have been really depressed in life before and though about it as a plausible option to take, but I know I would never have the guts to do it. People use suicide as a threat to other people, they think that by telling people they are going to kill themselves that they will get sympathy and their lives will be fine again.

So what do you think?
Should it be legal?
It is an easy way out?
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:18
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Totally a spur of the moment thing as it is illogical (to most people) unless a close loved one has died.

But if 1 in 3 people consider it seriously then it must be a pretty common thing.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Memorandum wrote:
> People who consider suicide because they're depressed are idiots

And Memorandum wins the "lack of compassion lifetime achievement award".
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
HalloHowArtThou wrote:
> I refuse to believe that nobody has never had the thought of suicide
> go through their head.

*raises hand*
I call suicide considering people idiots.
I am not one of them.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:15
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ant wrote:
> Personally, I'd never take suicide.

And most people have that view. Just many get really depressed and do it without thinking.

It's the heat of the moment. Done without thinking.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:15
"slightlyshortertagl"
I refuse to believe that nobody has never had the thought of suicide go through their head.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Black Glove wrote:
> This weeks "lack of compassion award" goes to Foreman.

Oi!
Didn't you see what I said?
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Don't have a go at him now for his stoopid comment.

Foreman, the reason people are bullies is because they are victimied because they will not fight back and stand up for themsleves.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Clearly Foreman has never suffered bullying.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Foreman wrote:
> I don't like the people that commit suicide just because they are
> being bullied.

This weeks "lack of compassion award" goes to Foreman.
Tue 24/06/03 at 20:12
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Nah, you are judging harshly there dude.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.