GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why the ps2 isn't great (cont)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/02/01 at 00:49
Regular
As you know I can't reply so I'm posting my point as a new topic:

It was mentioned on SR that PS2 games can't currently even come near to the quality and playability, etc of Dreamcast games!

In my opinion I think that PS2 games will get better! There graphics will be improved upon, the sound quality will get better, games will be more playable and so on!

Remember the PS2 which I will not touch with radiation proof gloves has only been out for less than a month so the games will have been rushed a lot like the console was for it's release!

However this does not mean I have changed my opinion at all about Sony! I still hate their console market! I've got a great diskman from them though!
Sat 10/02/01 at 00:49
Regular
As you know I can't reply so I'm posting my point as a new topic:

It was mentioned on SR that PS2 games can't currently even come near to the quality and playability, etc of Dreamcast games!

In my opinion I think that PS2 games will get better! There graphics will be improved upon, the sound quality will get better, games will be more playable and so on!

Remember the PS2 which I will not touch with radiation proof gloves has only been out for less than a month so the games will have been rushed a lot like the console was for it's release!

However this does not mean I have changed my opinion at all about Sony! I still hate their console market! I've got a great diskman from them though!
Sat 10/02/01 at 14:25
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It is true that the PS2 games 'should' get better, but they lost me as a customer with their launch debacle. They've taken a few paces back in the street cred. wars as well, with, funnily enough, poor old Sega getting the most out of the whole affair.

Who would have thought that the beleaguered DreamCast would do so well out of the launch of one of the most anticipated consoles to date? Maybe they cannot wait for the GameCube and the X-Box release dates, as it could mean even more life in the old dog.

For me as a gamer, things have gone full circle, I started gaming on the Megadrive, then left Sega for Sony when Sega got the Mega-CD and the Saturn all in a twist, and now that the PSX's new incarnation has hit the streets, I've gone back to my old love, Sega and the Dreamcast, which, I am pleased to say, I am most delighted with. There's a good few years of fun to be had with the DC and me, and maybe I might stick with it this time and not even bother with the X-Box. Time will tell.
Sat 10/02/01 at 18:02
Regular
"I like cheese"
Errrrr...may I just point out the some of the PS2 games out at the moment are awesome??

I don't care what people say, TTT rules, Smuggler's Run kicks @ss, and in a few weeks we'll have the best driving game EVER-GT3!!!
Sat 10/02/01 at 18:13
Regular
SSX and TimeSplitters are pretty amazing too!
Sat 10/02/01 at 18:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
ssxpro wrote:
> SSX and TimeSplitters are pretty amazing too!

ssxpro-you answer is.......CORRECT!!!
Sat 10/02/01 at 18:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Still not enough choice for me though, at the moment the DC has all the choice I need, it's a 128-bit console like the PS2, and I've already got a DVD player, I see absolutely no reason apart from The Bouncer why I should get a PS2 before the X-Box launch.

The Bouncer....hmmmmmmm
Sun 11/02/01 at 14:06
Regular
I thought that was crap?
Sun 11/02/01 at 18:08
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Ant wrote:
> Smuggler's Run kicks @ss

Are we talking about the same game here? Smugglers run is not in any way impressive, or very enjoyable for that matter. TTT rocks though, I agree. (Soul Calibur is still better)
Sun 11/02/01 at 20:17
Regular
what the hell are you all on about???? the PS2 is amazing!
of course the games are crap at the moment(with the exception of SSX)they are only the first generation of games
remember the first games to come out on the PSone(ridge racer)they were crap but the games improved with time.
the PS2 is far better than the Dreamcast by a long shot which is proven by the fact that Sega have ditched the Dreamcast.... and dont get me started on the x-box!
DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF PLAYSTATION
Sun 11/02/01 at 20:25
Regular
So the PS2's one game is better than the hundreds of AAA games on the Dreamcast?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.