GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thanks for the Memories Beckham"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
Im a bit dissapointed that United felt it was neccessary to sell Becks to our biggest Rival in Europe, especially for a cheap £25 million.

Sir Alex has made a bold decision in selling Becks and I hope Man Utd get appropriate replacements for him.

It is a sad day for English football as a whole and I felt it was appropriate to do this thread to thank him for everything he has done at United and for England, to wish him and his family all the best for the Future.
Wed 18/06/03 at 16:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Talk of him coming and i hope he does. That link up deal with Sporting and United should help
Wed 18/06/03 at 16:31
Solskjær wrote:
>
> I'm sure Fergie WILL get the right replacement.
> ...Even if he can't replicate Beckham in every-way.

Ah, that reminds me, did Quaresma go to Man Utd then?
Wed 18/06/03 at 14:32
Regular
"None Stored"
didnt you hear that real madrid put in a bid of £53 million for shevchenko a few months ago? more than double beckhams price tag
Wed 18/06/03 at 14:28
"I love yo... lamp."
£25 million ain't cheap. Prices have come down a bit in football over the last year, so £25 million would be at the top end.
Wed 18/06/03 at 14:12
Regular
Virtuoso wrote:
and if he doesn't play
> much at Real Madrid; what's to stop him making an emotional return to
> the Premiership?

his 90K a week wages ;)
Wed 18/06/03 at 11:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yes, it will be kind of sad to see him go, after all he's done for us United fans, over the years...

But, I'm still glad to see tha back of him, after seeing how he's taken changes-for-the-worse - many of which are thanks to his manipulitive wife.
We don't really need him in our team... anymore.
We proved this in the first-half of the "Title Decider" at Highbruy, and in several-other games in the past-season, too.

His head has gotten way too big, and I hope that life in Spain brings him back-down-to-Earth, for England's sake. He'll soon see how badly his style fits-in to the ways of the Spanish game, I think.

You have to think back to the days when he was scoring 2 30-yarders at White Hart Lane; banging-in free-kicks from all-angles, week-in, week-out; and 'THAT GOAL' against Wimbledon back in '97 - that's what the REAL David Beckham is all about!
Not the fancy hair-do's, the publicity, or the rich-and-famous lifestyle... That's all just Victoria - which is why I only wish David, and his 2 kids, the best for the future.

I'm sure Fergie WILL get the right replacement.
...Even if he can't replicate Beckham in every-way.
Wed 18/06/03 at 10:21
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Truth be told, I would have preffered him to stay in England; he's what you call "a Premiership" player. It's like Owen leaving, or Rooney, or even Shearer.

He'll be missed, but maybe that's the sad part about it; we've grown to accept him being in our faces 24/7 (via the media), and it wouldn't have been so talked about had he not been in the limelight so much.

I just hope he still does a job for England, and if he doesn't play much at Real Madrid; what's to stop him making an emotional return to the Premiership?
Wed 18/06/03 at 00:32
Regular
"None Stored"
i heard £5.25 mill to start with then £12.25 over next four years, then another £7 million depending on reals performances in the champions league in the next four years
Wed 18/06/03 at 00:29
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
United have said they will receive £17.5 million upfront and the rest depending appearences and or installments over a certain amount of months/Years.
Wed 18/06/03 at 00:06
Regular
"None Stored"
i know, i wouldnt have accepted it, man u might not even get £7 million of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.