GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thanks for the Memories Beckham"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/03 at 22:45
Regular
Im a bit dissapointed that United felt it was neccessary to sell Becks to our biggest Rival in Europe, especially for a cheap £25 million.

Sir Alex has made a bold decision in selling Becks and I hope Man Utd get appropriate replacements for him.

It is a sad day for English football as a whole and I felt it was appropriate to do this thread to thank him for everything he has done at United and for England, to wish him and his family all the best for the Future.
Mon 23/06/03 at 12:30
Regular
"None Stored"
you stupid
Sun 22/06/03 at 17:44
David Beckham has gave us no memories, only the odd goal or too nothing special or worth shouting about. The move to Real Madrid was the best thing he's done in years, I would not say that he was brought cheap, He's worth a lot less. That's my opinion. Arsenal all the way!
Sun 22/06/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
That Tottenham game made 'The Goal Rush' exciting for once. and it was a fantastic game, and Beckham played well. Another great memory was the goal that took England to the World Cup, at his native Old Trafford. And it's not all for England, that one.
Thu 19/06/03 at 20:19
Regular
"not dead"
I hate the way people are saying things like "Oh, he was overrated anyway" and the like. He is a fantastic player. If he gave the ball away he'd run the length of the field to get it back. He held his nerve when others were falling apart. Look at hopw he developed after France 98, then again when made England captain.

Whilst I can see someone like Ronaldhino making an impact up front when we're doing well, I don't think he's the type of player that would keep going when 3-0 down at half time. Remember White Hart Lane from a couple of seasons ago?

How many tap-in's did Beckham score over the last couple of seasons too? A fair amount, simply because he reads the game so well now. Many of those pinched goals came at times when we only won by 1 goal.

He was a vital player for us, and it's sad to see he go for reasons other than footballing ones. It's money and his relationship with Ferguson that did it.

So, best Beckham momnets?

Scoring from half way against Wimbledon.

30+ yard fee kick against Porto.

The Scholes volley for Beckham's corner.

Scoring the fifth against Tottenham, just to really rub it in.

That goal against Deportivo, before they cruelly took him out of the game.

Oh, and coming on against Real and scoring two goals. We may have lost the tie, but he won us the match, and showed why he should have been on from the start.

I'll miss him, and I hope he does well at Real.

I hope he gets a good reception at Old Trafford when England visit to play Liechenstein
Thu 19/06/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
He looks just like the Iraqi minister of misinformation as well...
Wed 18/06/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Lucio wrote:

> "He has always been on our list as have other top players. A deal
> is very close with Ronaldinho."

Just like you had agreed a deal with Beckham Mr Laporta? I think the Iraqi information minister has a spanish cousin.
Wed 18/06/03 at 18:56
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
Barcelona president Joan Laporta is hoping to beat Manchester United to the signing of Brazilian World Cup winner Ronaldinho, having missed out on David Beckham.

Newly-elected Laporta is under pressure to sign a big-name player with pulling power and commercial value after his election campaign was based around signing Beckham from the eight-times Premiership champions.

But the 28-year-old England captain subsequently decided to move to arch-rivals Real Madrid instead.

And Laporta now wants to bring United target Ronaldinho to the Nou Camp from French club Paris St Germain.

The Barca president's press secretary Juan Jose Castillo said: "It is no secret that Ronaldinho is one of the players we are looking at.

"He has always been on our list as have other top players. A deal is very close with Ronaldinho."
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:22
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
It could happen...

=P
Wed 18/06/03 at 17:09
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Virtuoso wrote:

> I just hope he still does a job for England, and if he doesn't play
> much at Real Madrid; what's to stop him making an emotional return to
> the Premiership?

He could always do what Schmeical did and join the Villa.

=D
Wed 18/06/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Now he's left, and if Ronaldinho snubs a move, we'll have Chadwick, Fletcher and Veron available for the right wing. Fletcher's a great talent, and Chadwick is like a smaller, uglier Ryan Giggs. And Veron's skilled but bald.

Still remember the 50-yard goal against Wimbledon in 1996. Fantabulous!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.