GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why buses suck."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/06/03 at 11:52
Regular
After coming off a motorbike 3 weeks ago, I'm not allowed to ride again until my broken wrist heals, and I'm demoted to the bus (I can drive, but the missus takes my car to work).

Today I was an hour late. I waited for the 'every 20 mins' bus thismorning for 1hour 10 mins, before getting on a bus from another bus company, who was also supposed to be there 20 mins erlier. This is the 3rd time in 3 weeks i've been late to work by over an hour.

A couple of days ago, I got on the (late) bus and it stank of puke. Trust my luck to get on the exact same puke smelling bus on the way home too.

Gordon Brown is a muppet. He is increasingly taxing the motorists of this country with the blag that if people dont want to pay it they can always use public transport, and many believe he is trying to force us onto public transport to save pollution and resource consumption and stuff.

Noi. He knows exactly how useless public transport is, and taxes the motorist to the teeth knowing they have no other option. Perhaps if the extra revenue earned was spent on public transport, instead of housing immigrants and building motorways in sweeden, we'd have a better place to live.
Mon 16/06/03 at 22:19
Slaveunit wrote:
> Or†ega wrote:
> but now they are talking about having conjestion charges in every
> blooody major city in England?!!?!
>
> It gets better. There is a new motorway running alongside an old
> motorway, and if you want to pay the fiver to get on it you get to
> drive with less traffic. Can't remember where it is in the uk, but
> they are starting it's pilot soon.

I'd pay a fiver if i could drive as fast as i wanted. You cant complain really, France costs a hell of a lot to drive through
Mon 16/06/03 at 22:06
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, buses suck.
>
> They either come too late or too early. Never on time.

I waited for an 'every 20 min' bus for 3 hours (im not usually that sad, but I really had to get to this place), when it finnaly arrived, a convoy of about six buses, all 54's turned up with it. Probably the drivers drinking coffee and tea in the depot. Grrrr, another time I put my arm out for a bus, the driver just grined at me and drove past, I should have run after him like the T-1000 in terminator 2, lol.
Mon 16/06/03 at 21:39
Regular
DébUK wrote:
> yep, plus he did it on a half term, BINGO! No parents doing the school
> run at 8-9am= less congestion.

Yep. It's wrong, the way he can get away with it.

If they charge us to go onto motorways, or into places like Brighton (they're on about doing a £5 congestion charge down there to get INTO Brighton. And yes, you still have to pay to park), people won't be able to afford to drive. That is what this Government wants, no cars on the road. A car hating Government should actually take time to check that public transport is reliable, before trying to run us off the road. I'm nearly 16. So what, one year until I drive. I doubt I'll be able to afford to run a car at such a young age with the way this Government is going.

*Feels all brainy*
*Just posted a lot of crap*
Mon 16/06/03 at 20:03
"possibly impossible"
Completely agree with the hatred of busses. There is nothing worse than a packed bus which turns up late with a moody driver who'd rather spit on you than give you change.

Glad my bus days are over, but my wife still has to use them and she hates it. Meanwhile, insurance for cars goes up and having a second car in our household is out of the question.
Mon 16/06/03 at 19:05
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah I agree buses are normally bad. Glasgow they are OK. But a lot of it is down to relly poor management of the companies.
Mon 16/06/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
yep, plus he did it on a half term, BINGO! No parents doing the school run at 8-9am= less congestion.
Mon 16/06/03 at 17:26
Regular
The congestion charges in London are only working because Brown reset all the traffic lights in the capital so that all the minor roads have a longer run of green lights then the major roads does. Once people think "Wow, it's working!", he will reset them again.

I hate this Government etc.
Mon 16/06/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Have you claimed your insurance?!
Mon 16/06/03 at 16:22
Speaking of transport, funny how Charles Clarke got robbed by a woman on a train (or underground, can't remember) without him knowing - although unofficially, he was probably too distracted by something.
Mon 16/06/03 at 16:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you are annoyed by buses not being on time, come to London, where the buses don't have times.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.