GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix Revolutions Theories"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/06/03 at 22:05
Regular
Anyway, on with the Revolutions theoriers. Here's a few that've been floating around the net. Surely most of them are complete tosh, but make for interesting reading really.

- Neo is Smith's son.

- There is a Matrix within a Matrix within a Matrix and so on at every time a new Matrix is made (which is really deppreciated when you remember that the Architect said the Matrix was beginning its 7th cycle).

- The screens in the Architect's room all lead to one of Neo's different paths he could take, meaning that there are thousands of Neo's, thousands of Architects and therefore, in theory, thousands of Matrix's, all a different choice of Neo.

- Smith has evolved and now has more powers, such as flight and can match Neo (from the trailer).

- Apparently a main character will be killed. I just hope Morpheus doesn't die so Neo and Trinity can be together. It'd be better if one of the two love-birds died. Like they say, you can't cheat death twice, and that applies to both of them :D

- One of the more interesting theories is that Smith hates the Matrix and actually begins rebelling, whilst Neo begins fighting for the machines (that's the stupid part). This was sparked when many people thought Morpheus seemed surprised when he says "he fights for us", as if he was referring to Smith.

- The kid who pestered Neo is the 7th One.

Discuss.
Sun 15/06/03 at 15:40
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
"From MRM at the Zion Switchboard forum."
Sun 15/06/03 at 15:34
Regular
El Blokey wrote:

> My guess is that there is no MWAM, they don't destroy the Matrix
> because they can't unplug everyone at once and we'll see Neo make that
> very same phone call at the end of Revolutions!"

one observation though, how do you know that this will occur at the END of revolutions? it may happen at some point during the film, meaning the climax to it all is still unknown
Sun 15/06/03 at 15:32
Regular
i agree, well done blokey, seems plausible.

if you're wrong though, expect many years of pointing and laughing
Sun 15/06/03 at 15:30
Regular
Yeah, that does make sense - one of the criticisms I read on a board was that Neo didn't do or allude to any of the things said in that phone call at the end of Matrix 1, but that makes sense if that is indeed the end.

Hmmmm, interesting, very interesting...
Sun 15/06/03 at 15:27
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
"This goes deep, so follow me if you will:

The original Matrix starts with Trinity and Cypher talking, the screen shows "Trace Program" and the date "2-18-98".

The movie ends with Neo making a phone call, the trace program is initiated and the date reads "9-18-99"... 19 months have passed!

If you watch the movie again, you'll see that the time sequence implies that they found Neo shortly after that initial conversation (a few months after 2-18-98 at most).

Significant? Yes; I propose that Reloaded and Revolutions (which we know occur one after another), take place between 2-18-98 and 9-18-99. Here's why:

Only a few months could have passed from the time Morpheus and the crew 'free' Neo to the time Neo is killed and revived in the hallway. Why? for one, Neo's hair barely grows in that time and that's not a trivial observation (it's also obvious that Neo grew out his hair in Reloaded which occurs roughly 6 months after he's unplugged).

We also know the W brothers don't put insignificant things into their movies - the fact that they obviously signal to us that 19 months have passed from the start of the Matrix to the time Neo makes that phone call is there for a reason.

In Reloaded, Neo says that "I wish I knew what I was supposed to do". The phone call scene in the Matrix, Neo is very sure of what he is supposed to do, "I'm going to hang up this phone and show these people what you don't want them to see... a world without you, without controls and boundries". Why would he have forgotten what to do between M1 and M2? he didn't, that last scene in M1 occurs after Revolutions!

Finally, at the end of M1, Neo states that "I can feel you now, you are scared". At the end of Reloaded he says, "Something is different, I can FEEL them now".

One more thing. A game directed by the W brothers called Matrix online is due in '04 and the timeframe takes place after Revolutions... and the matrix is alive and well in the game.

My guess is that there is no MWAM, they don't destroy the Matrix because they can't unplug everyone at once and we'll see Neo make that very same phone call at the end of Revolutions!"

From MRM at the Zion Switchboard forum. Makes sense, having seen the original just now. Whoa.
Sun 15/06/03 at 12:48
"period drama"
More chickens.
Doing kung-fu.
Kung-fu chickens.
Sun 15/06/03 at 12:28
Regular
"bing bang bong"
The Matrix needs more JEDIS
Sat 14/06/03 at 20:28
Regular
It was said tongue in cheek.

But man tht would be class if he came back...
Sat 14/06/03 at 19:53
Regular
Tony_Blair wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> I predict Tank will rise from the dead and beat the crap out of
> Morpheus for replacing him.
>
> ===
> fat chance the guy which plays him died of something

No he didn't, Warner Brothers just couldn't afford him [or in other words, he thought he should be payed loads]
Fri 13/06/03 at 12:03
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I recon that when Neo collapses after stopping the sentinals (realising the 'real' is the matrix too, is is because the machines are scared that his powers are stronger than all the predecessors, so they pulled his plug.

This could mean that he is in the 'REAL real' now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.