GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm let down with Hail to the Thief"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 14:45
Regular
It has some really good songs on it but then there's a load of balls on it and is only a slight step forward from Kid A/Amnesiac I feel. For a band that was so insistent on changing after Ok Computer they've managed to produce three albums of the same music area. It's still a good album though and but even the live songs last year in Spain were a lot better, I saw a version of 'There There' on radiohead.tv from 2001 last night and it has the same musical angle as Ok Computer and The Bends which makes me think they now feel like they must manipulate their music when really bah whatever.

Even though I've been listening to the songs since February and such it's not until now I've kinda concluded that I expected a bit more from it. And after posting on many Radiohead message boards I've came to the conclusion that the majority are arty student pr.cks that say Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors are their favourite tracks and they LOVE!!! the There There b-sides. And if you express a different view then you're scum, knobheads.

2+2=5 is excellent though.
Tue 10/06/03 at 23:42
Regular
"we escape....."
Yeah NME is awful not only in reviews but news coverage. This is them talking about Yeah Yeah Yeahs lead singer Karen O:

"Rumours began to circulate when Karen was interviewed by an American newspaper about the ups and downs of being a sex symbol."

Ewwwwwwww! she's so disgusting, how does she qualify as being a sex symbol!??
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
NME only gave it 7
They gave Busted 8

NME sucks though even though I get it nearly every week
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not sure

I'm still confused

Keeeep the wooollf frooom the dooorr
Tue 10/06/03 at 16:04
Regular
"we escape....."
Bad Reviews? I've Read a lot of very good reviews. None too bad, some average. MY expectations were high but i expected to be disappointed too so i was pleasantly surprised.
Tue 10/06/03 at 15:47
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
I dunno if id call amnesiac a waste of an album, some of the tracks are superb. In my opinion kid a and amnesiac are two of the best albums made in the past few years. And dont get me wrong, i love their older stuff, I probably prefer the bends and ok computer too those other two albums, but I just feel that Kid A and Amnesiac both add to the quality of Radioheads back catalogue, and add to the quality of their live gigs.

And HTTT is another matter all together. I had pretty low expectations for that album, what with all the bad reviews id read for it, so when i did finally get it, it literally blew me away. Some of the songs are amazing, and whilst it may have the odd weaker track, i feel that songs like sail to the moon, 2+2=5, scatterbrain, wolf at the door and I will rank up their with the fake plastic trees and paranoid androids in terms of quality.

And sadly im not one of those arty farty student types, i just happen to love every kind of music radiohead attempts, whether it be indie, prog rock or electronica.
Tue 10/06/03 at 15:03
Regular
"we escape....."
well i think i like them all very much. But i'll have to listen to it much more to see how it measures up against okcomputer. I prefer to the bends though.
Tue 10/06/03 at 14:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I really like Kid A sometimes but others not so

Amnesiac was a waste of an album even if there was some good tunes, should have been a double album or something like Kid B.

I like it and I don't.

I don't like the end of Sit Down Stand up, We Suck Young Blood par the jazz bit, The Gloaming is truly awful, I Will is overated and naff. The rest are good.

I'm still not sure... Punch-up was just on and I was like 'yeah this rocks'
Tue 10/06/03 at 14:53
Regular
"we escape....."
I guess you have to like kid a and amnesiac to love this album. But i'll agree pulk? what the hell was that about!
Tue 10/06/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Selected"
Don't you think changing the sound just for the sake of it would have been a big gimmick and.......balls?

Doing acid house as a next step would have been interesting mind....
Tue 10/06/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It has some really good songs on it but then there's a load of balls on it and is only a slight step forward from Kid A/Amnesiac I feel. For a band that was so insistent on changing after Ok Computer they've managed to produce three albums of the same music area. It's still a good album though and but even the live songs last year in Spain were a lot better, I saw a version of 'There There' on radiohead.tv from 2001 last night and it has the same musical angle as Ok Computer and The Bends which makes me think they now feel like they must manipulate their music when really bah whatever.

Even though I've been listening to the songs since February and such it's not until now I've kinda concluded that I expected a bit more from it. And after posting on many Radiohead message boards I've came to the conclusion that the majority are arty student pr.cks that say Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors are their favourite tracks and they LOVE!!! the There There b-sides. And if you express a different view then you're scum, knobheads.

2+2=5 is excellent though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.