GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm let down with Hail to the Thief"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/06/03 at 14:45
Regular
It has some really good songs on it but then there's a load of balls on it and is only a slight step forward from Kid A/Amnesiac I feel. For a band that was so insistent on changing after Ok Computer they've managed to produce three albums of the same music area. It's still a good album though and but even the live songs last year in Spain were a lot better, I saw a version of 'There There' on radiohead.tv from 2001 last night and it has the same musical angle as Ok Computer and The Bends which makes me think they now feel like they must manipulate their music when really bah whatever.

Even though I've been listening to the songs since February and such it's not until now I've kinda concluded that I expected a bit more from it. And after posting on many Radiohead message boards I've came to the conclusion that the majority are arty student pr.cks that say Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors are their favourite tracks and they LOVE!!! the There There b-sides. And if you express a different view then you're scum, knobheads.

2+2=5 is excellent though.
Sun 15/06/03 at 23:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Melancholy wrote:
> In my harsh comment of the day: anyone that doesn't like the gloaming
> isn't intelligent/musical enough to understand this album.

Congratulations... your everything I hate in Radiohead fans.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
It's true. I see him singing live and I just want to ask someone if he should actually be out in public and not strapped down to a hospital bed with nurse watching him.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Thom Yorke singing live looks like he's going through cold turkey
> withdrawl of a highly addictive substance, while suffering from some
> sort of physical retardation. Thus I find myself incapable of taking
> him seriously.

hehehehehe :-D
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Thom Yorke singing live looks like he's going through cold turkey
> withdrawl of a highly addictive substance, while suffering from some
> sort of physical retardation.

That's the funniest thing I have read today :-D
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Thom Yorke singing live looks like he's going through cold turkey withdrawl of a highly addictive substance, while suffering from some sort of physical retardation. Thus I find myself incapable of taking him seriously.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
>Scatterbrain... Scatterbrain

Whoops.

On the whole I think this is one of their best albums. Overall not as good as The Bends or Ok Computer but has a lot of really really good songs and some growers aswell. It's more diverse than The Bends but less experimental and (lets face it) crap than Kid A. 3rd fav Radiohead album. Close, very close behind Ok Computer and The Bends though and ahead of Pablo Honey.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:35
Regular
"You've upset me"
The version of The Gloaming that was leaked onto the internet is far superior to the version on the album. The album version is still very good in my opinion, but the early version just rocks.

Revised opinion after more listening:

Favourites on the album: 2+2=5,Drunken Punchup At A Wedding, Wolf At The Door, Where I End And You Begin, Myxamotosis, Scatterbrain, Sit Down Stand Up, Scatterbrain, The Gloaming, Sail To The Moon, There There

Best on album: Wolf At The Door

Worst: I Will or We Suck Young Blood

What deserved to be on the album: The early version of The Gloaming. Godamn them.
Sun 15/06/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Eezeepeezeezeepeeze"
In my harsh comment of the day: anyone that doesn't like the gloaming isn't intelligent/musical enough to understand this album. 2+2=5, though fantastic, is one of the poppiest on the album so I can see why Sheepy loves it (look at his picture on Special Observe compared to mine. It's obvious who's more manly)

I love every track with possibly possibly the exception of Where I end and you begin.

Also to Kyz22: STFU.
Sat 14/06/03 at 12:43
Regular
"we escape....."
Just thinking of my dream set list i saw this posted on at ease and thought i'd post it here too:

1. 2+2=5
2. The National Anthem
3. The Amazing Sounds Of Orgy
4. Exit Music
5. Anyone Can Play Guitar
6. No Surprises
7. Where I End And You Begin
8. The Tourist
9. Fake Plastic Trees
10. Pearly
11. Scatterbrain
12. You And Whose Army?
13. Paranoid Android
14. Backdrifts
15. Pyramid Song
16. Talk Show Host
17. A Wolf At The Door
18. Everything in it's Right Place

Encore 1
19. Idioteque
20. Like Spinning Plates
21. Karma Police
22. Street Spirit

Encore 2
23. Let Down
24. How To Disappear Completely

Encore 3
25. Creep

Very hopeful i know. But if they played this i would be absolutely amazed. I missed out a few songs i love because i thought i'd try and give it a bit more of a range too and include a bit of everything.
Fri 13/06/03 at 18:24
Regular
"we escape....."
Kyz22 wrote:
> Basically they got a few good songs, some as singles, and decided to
> compile another album. However they realised they only had about 4/5
> decent tracks for it and so messed about in the recording studio for a
> few days and made some filler material so they could release an album.

Lol! I think not. Yes the album is great, loving it more and more. Myxomatosis is awesome, so too punch up, i will, scatterbrain, wolf at the door, where i end and you begin, sail to the moon, backdrifts and 2+2=5.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.