GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HTTTT - the extra t is for turbo."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/06/03 at 15:59
Regular
Who's got it. Huh, huh?
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:47
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
OK here's my rating of the album on first few listens, but this will most definately change with time.

2+2=5 - 10
Sit Down Stand Up - 9.5
Sail to the Moon - 9.5
Backdrifts - 8.5
Go to Sleep - 8.5
Where I end... - 10
We suck young blood - 8.5
Gloaming - 7.5
There There - 9.5
I Will - 10
Punchup at a Wedding - 9.5
Myxomotosis - 9
Scatterbrain - 10
A Wolf at the Door - 9.5

Ok, i know im not a great judge being a huge radiohead fan, but damn this album is great. Im thinking OK Computer may have a new challenge.
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:37
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Note: not having a go at you, as you didn't make the topic :D
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:37
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Idioteque wrote:
> about what, we're talking about the new radiohead album, out today,
> hail to the thief (or httt if you will).

But why not just put "Hail To The Thief", or people such as moi get confused :|
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:36
Regular
"we escape....."
This certainly is one of the most amazing albums i've heard for a bit.
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:35
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
about what, we're talking about the new radiohead album, out today, hail to the thief (or httt if you will).
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:31
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Bah, I'm confused...
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:27
Regular
"fake polystyrene ma"
Stand out tracks are I will, Scatterbrain, WIEAYB and punchup on 1st listen. It truly is a great album, but i dont know if id give as many 10/10s as Vice did.
Mon 09/06/03 at 18:08
Regular
"we escape....."
What an absolutely amazing album yet again by Radiohead. On first listen i can tell this is gonna be up there with Kid A and The Bends and near OK computer. Here is my song by song Review.

1. 2+2=5 (The Lukewarm)- An absolutely amazing opener, This could be Radiohead's best ever opening track so slow at the beginning and it really builds up to a strong second half, already a favourite.
Rating: 10/10

2. Sit Down, Stand Up (Snakes & Ladders)- Another immediate song that i'm already enjoying, a good song.
Rating: 9/10

3. Sail To The Moon (Brush The Cobwebs Out of The Sky)- Well this a song i have already fallen in love with. It is quite possibly radiohead's most angleic song.

4. Backdirfts (Honeymoon is Over)- Again Already a favourite of mine, absolutely fantastic song. Only Radiohead could place 2 songs as magnificent as these next to each other on one album.

5. Go To Sleep (Little Man Being Erased)- Yet again a brilliant Song. It's going to be radiohead's next single, it should do well. At the end it goes mad, possibly not the greatest ending to a song, but it's still a winner.
Rating: 9.5/10

6. Where I End And You Begin (The Sky Is Falling In) Despite the alternate name sharing a familiar name to a queens of the stone age track, it is far for QOTSA. Hailed By many already as the best song on the album. It may well be.

7. We Suck Young Blood (Your Time is Up) Spoken as a disappointment by some fans, i think it's a very good song, but untouches the greats of this album.

8. The Gloaming (Softley Open our Mouths in The Cold) Probably the weakest track and least immediate on the album, not to say i don't like it though, it's still a very strong song, and a surprise for me as i was expecting the worse.
Rating: 8/10

9. There There (The Boney King Of Nowhere) Well the first single off the album, and it's been hailed commercially reaching no.4 in the UK singles. I love this song, but strangely i don't think it's one of the best on the album. Which shows the strength of this album.

10. I will (No man's Land) The shortest song on the album, but quantity isn't everything. This 2 minuter is yet another great.

11. A Punch Up at A wedding (No no no no no no no no) A good song again it may over-run slightly but still only slightly.

12. Myxomatosis (Judge, Jury & Executioner) A very clever song, Extremely Funky, i like it, i like it a lot.

13. Scatterbrain (As Dead As Leaves) What an absolutely Incredible Song, i think this is the second time of hearing it after the Xfm play. I forgot about it, but when it started i was instantly reminded.

14. A wolf at the Door (It Girl, Rag Doll) THOM YORKE RAPPING! it happened! but here's what you didn't expect... It's really, really brilliant another firm favourites with the majority of fans. Extremely weir, but extremely good one to Close with.

Overall Summary: What an incredible Album i think my top 5 albums List will have to be Readjusted. It may include all radiohead albums now. I'm really loving it, it's not as good as ok computer, but then again is anything. It's certainly as good as kid A and the Bends, better, i'm not sure yet. It's definetly the most immediate radiohead album i've heard.
Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Mon 09/06/03 at 17:27
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
"Go To Sleep" is brilliant as well.
Mon 09/06/03 at 17:23
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Riiight, this topic is bloody weird.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.