GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fans of Manga + Anime films recommend me some really good titles on DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/06/03 at 01:06
Regular
Im quite into Managa + Anime movies and would like some recommendations Im into thrillers, films with lots of action w/ twisty plots thanks.
Tue 17/06/03 at 01:16
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Yeah Cid Vilante I agree with you there playing DVDs on my PS2 is noisy, more to point though my PS2 can't handle some new DVDs (something to do with new type of DVDs they use now, my PS2 doesn't like to play them. It skips sometimes entire scenes one I noiticed on Obsbournes series 1) Im buying a DVD player soon hopefully this week, I saw a mutil region one for sale in my local town for £70.00 I think that is a good price. Argos are also selling a Alba DVD119 DVD player for a amazingly low £48.00, mutil region might be better though.
Tue 17/06/03 at 08:41
Regular
"I'm Great."
It gives you more choice but just make sure your T.V can handle Region 1 disks. newer T.Vs should be able to (Like the one we have downstairs) but older ones (like the one in my room) may end up displaying them in black and white. I now either got to take my PS2 downstairs or play them through my P.C. I really need to get a new T.V too, maybe next year.
Tue 17/06/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I got my copy of Cowboy Bebop The Movie (aka Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door) Yesterday (8 days before it's officially released), and all I can say is damn what a great movie.

Buy the series, buy the movie, that's all I can say.
Wed 18/06/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Regarding Kittworld's list, surely Nadesico is much more of a comedy than outlaw star is.
Wed 18/06/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Totoro wrote:
> I got my copy of Cowboy Bebop The Movie (aka Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on
> Heaven's Door) Yesterday (8 days before it's officially released), and
> all I can say is damn what a great movie.
>

I am jealous
I have the series on my PC but have only ever watched the first 6 episodes. I have to get around to it sometime.
Wed 18/06/03 at 13:02
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
The trouble is that cost mounts up. I have my eye on a few series that look good or that I missed out on (Trigun, GTO, Excel Saga), but the cost of all that lot is pretty high, especially as they're series, so come as multiple dvds.

As far as Cowboy Bebop goes, I'd recommend it above everything else. It really is an amazing show that deserves to be watched. The characters, the style, the music, the atmosphere just drip with cool, and the stories are great.
I hope it one day makes it onto terrestrial TV so it can be seen by the masses, but I suppose it would be just shoved into a late-night timeslot like all the other old anime that used to be on. Even The Animatrix, something I thought might usher in a new dawn for anime wasn't really shown enough respect, as Channel 5 decided to put it on at an ungodly hour.
Wed 18/06/03 at 13:04
Regular
"I'm Great."
Nadesico is truely great. For a comedy check out Excel Saga too. My thanks to Totoro and anyone else that mentioned this. Seen the first three episodes and it's funny, very funny.

Another that I find funny is the Tenchi series. Tenchi Muyo is probably the best from what I have seen but the version shown on CNX is cut and heavily edited. Once I see the uncut and unedite versions I might change my opinion.

On the subject of Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop, I got them on my P.C but I just haven't had time to watch them yet. I will find time though, maybe within the year.
Wed 18/06/03 at 13:05
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
Bebop has been on CNX but god knows what has happened to that now,
I think Tenchi has replaced it
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:35
Regular
You're right there are more good animes out there than pounds in your pocket. The only suggestion is to lend animes off friends, see them at anime clubs or anime conventions. Speaking of anime conventions the only 2 we have in the UK have 600 and 300 places and they fill up 5 months before they even start which continues to grow. So much is wrong with the anime community. Still no magazine and I'm too lazy to do one myself.
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:49
Regular
"I'm Great."
A magazine would be of great help. Maybe a few trailers on a "free" DVD. A nice poster here and there. Some tips on how to get in to the different parts of the industry. Not forgetting what it's all about, the anime shows and movies themselves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.