GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fans of Manga + Anime films recommend me some really good titles on DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/06/03 at 01:06
Regular
Im quite into Managa + Anime movies and would like some recommendations Im into thrillers, films with lots of action w/ twisty plots thanks.
Mon 30/06/03 at 13:08
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
I've seen some of Excel saga and it's so stupid it's funny!
The theme rules as well :)
Sun 22/06/03 at 22:32
"period drama"
Now that I can get a job I'll be spending a lot of money on Anime and Manga films - I've always liked the style and everything about them. Strangely alluring, wouldn't you say?

I was gonna pick up a copy of Neon Genesis - the newish one out with all the episodes on it. But then I spent all my precious money on something else .... my bad.

Dirty Pair Flash
Sun 22/06/03 at 22:22
Regular
"I'm Great."
maddmun wrote:

> Yet they seem to be the same strength all of the time, just
> highernumbers, for example, when they power up they always lift a few
> stones, sometimes some bigger ones, that's about it.

I take the approach that they have gained more control over their power so the cause less damage. I just don't want to admit the faults

> Now they have to show us Dragonball.

They've been showing Dragonball in the U.S.A for quite some time now but for some reason they have once again neglected us in the U.K. I say once again because Cartoon Network have the rights to Thundercats (and other shows) but it has not been show here. there could be legal reasons but I don't care. I'm off to sulk over that now
Sun 22/06/03 at 21:36
Regular
Cid Vilante wrote:
> Dragonball Z is much better than GT but the plus point for GT is that
> you get to see their power level go up by miles.

Yet they seem to be the same strength all of the time, just highernumbers, for example, when they power up they always lift a few stones, sometimes some bigger ones, that's about it.

> Bad points are Pan and Gil, they are just very annoying.

It'd be OK if Pan went Super Saiyin, but NOOOOOOOO.

> Should be getting better from
> what I've been told. Got to fight evil Shenron at one point or
> something like that.

They've fought all of them, and are currently fightin Li Shenron (Fianl one) But it is much better than the rest of it.

Now they have to show us Dragonball.
Sun 22/06/03 at 16:49
Regular
"I'm Great."
Tenchi in Tokyo was a big step down in quality I think. Good but not up there with Muyo and Universe.

Dragonball Z is much better than GT but the plus point for GT is that you get to see their power level go up by miles. Bad points are Pan and Gil, they are just very annoying. Should be getting better from what I've been told. Got to fight evil Shenron at one point or something like that.

Check out Sci-Fi channel on a thursday night at around 11:50pm or some time like that. They got the animes on then. I think the film this week is Roujin Z. Last week was Ghost in the shell, one of the best I've seen.
Sun 22/06/03 at 16:27
Regular
Oh, I've started watching Dragonball Z again, and with the exception of a few episodes, I forgot how good it was compared to GT.

Some of the lines are quite hilarious.

"You mean there's no different gender's? That's so, boring"

Heh, I wonder what the Japanese line was.

:D
Sun 22/06/03 at 16:23
Regular
I watched Tenchi Muyo, that was good, then Universe, which was OK, but I sat and stared when I watched Tenchi in Tokyo, what the hell happened?

Oh, and I think there WAS another anime that I watched, I can't remember which however. Damn.
Wed 18/06/03 at 23:06
Regular
"I'm Great."
Download the movies, most are of good quality. Some are dubbed but most are subbed. I got most if not all of them downloaded. The only one I can't find a good quality version of is tree of might, poor audio track timeing,a nd there is one other I think.

Escaflowne was pretty good too although I did manage to miss the last episode. also another big shout out for Tenchi, that's showing on CNX at the moment.
Wed 18/06/03 at 22:54
Regular
I've really only watched Dragonball Z?GT, Gundam Wing, A bit of Escaflowne (Sp.?) and that's about it.

I like Dragonball Z, Vegeta rocks, and I want the movies.

Uh-huh.

I should watch more of them.
Wed 18/06/03 at 21:49
Regular
"I'm Great."
A magazine would be of great help. Maybe a few trailers on a "free" DVD. A nice poster here and there. Some tips on how to get in to the different parts of the industry. Not forgetting what it's all about, the anime shows and movies themselves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.