GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bands?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/06/03 at 19:08
Regular
Will I need to pay for a tutor for guitar or can I learn with books/software?
Tue 03/06/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Will I need to pay for a tutor for guitar or can I learn with books/software?
Tue 03/06/03 at 19:18
Kyz22 wrote:
> Will I need to pay for a tutor for guitar or can I learn with
> books/software?

Get a tutor

and dont go to local guitar shops as they tend to rip you off as they are the only one for miles. Go to a city and find the music shop area. Then compete for prices! Well thats what i do in London anyway
Tue 03/06/03 at 19:20
Regular
Well at the moment i'm teaching myself. But I started off with a tutor for a few weeks to learn the basics of the guitar itself.
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:51
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Well I know nothing at all about guitars, not even how to hold them - so I guess a tutor will be required!
Tue 03/06/03 at 20:57
Regular
"Not a Jew"
If anyone ever hears of a a band called "Avelos" that makes it big time, then just remember me.
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:03
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Right, i'll make up a story about your childhood and sell it to "Hello" magazine. :-D
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:05
Regular
"keep your receipt"
I'm not in a band but would love to be - if anyone needs a cracking guitarist/OK vocalist let me know!

As for guitars and Amps, you're gonna be looking at the budget range of stuff obviously if these are your first bits of equipment. I'd say spending just over £200 will get you a decent guitar that, whilst basic, isn't gonna bust on you like some sub-£200 ones.

As for amps, one word - MARSHALL. Marshall truly are the Gods of amplifiers and spending around £80-100 will get you a reasonably good amp. Bear in mind though that it will only be a practise amp, around 10-15W without any fancy effects. If you're going to start a band and eventually start gigging, then you'll need to be buying at least an 80W Valve Amp or a 250W valve that...isn't...Valvestate...(sorry can't remember the name) and these performance amps will set you back around £300.

Hope that helps when concerning buying your equipment!
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:06
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Right, i'll make up a story about your childhood and sell it to
> "Hello" magazine. :-D

They'll buy anything...
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:09
Regular
Kyz22 wrote:
> Well I know nothing at all about guitars, not even how to hold them -
> so I guess a tutor will be required!

Yes. Get a tutor for a bit to teach you the basics, how to hold a plectrum, how to fret the strings on the finger board ect.
Tue 03/06/03 at 21:11
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Thanks a lot Mess :-)

Where you live?

You could be our portable guitarist!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.