GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Weirdest Mistakes you've seen in films."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
I Just Watched a scene in Patch Adams where Patch and Truman have a conversation in the university Cafe. Truman is drinking a coke, he takes a swig and the camera changes, moments later, his drink changes shape. This happens three different times in the same scene.

This got me thinking about a thing which was on Channel 5 (Yes, Channel 5) which some of the greatest films ever made, making stupid mistakes (one included a gas cylinder on a chariot in Gladiator).

So here's the question:

What is the weirdest mistake (or worst editing) you have ever seen in a film?

Hope to here from you.
Tue 27/05/03 at 16:16
Regular
I remember going to see some lame romantic movie with sme 'gals.

It was called "Bounce" I think.

You could see the furry sound mic repeatedly dropping into the picture.
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:10
Goatboy wrote:
> Unbreakable.
>
> The ending.
> There isnt one

And, the guy that is dead, is breathing. You can obviously see his chest rising and falling.
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:19
Regular
"That's right!"
Sometimes they frame a film incorrectly when shown at a cinema, which is why you can sometimes see boom mics etc. It happened in MIB when it first came out, it happened in Resident Evil (the version on Kazaa shows it loads of times, but on the DVD they are gone) and probably happened on Bounce.

Anyway, I've seen some classics before, but the most obvious one had to be some film with Christopher Lambert and some other guy. They'd just got out of prison and were handcuffed together. They went to this place to get some guns, and ended up aiming them at each other. Everytime it showed a wide shot of the two from the side, one of the guns was a semi-automatic (the kind where you put a magazine in and pull the slider) but when it cut to a close up from over the shoulder, the gun was a revolver (like a six shooter) Everytime they went back and forth, the gun in one of their hands changed (I forget which guy it was, and it may have been the other way around with the guns, but still, it was funny to watch)

Also, you can see the wire holding Sunny up in Commando when Arnie is holding him over the cliff. The the yellow car has a huge mark on it, then when they drive off it has disappeared. Classic.
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:37
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
In The Evil Dead in one of the scenes where Ash is drining the car over the bridge you can see Sam Raimi in the background of the shot.

Also in Peter Jacksons "Bad Taste" you can see someone on the cliff face actually throwing buckets of stuff down thats suppose to be blood, guts etc.
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:49
Regular
"That's right!"
That's not a mistake, you're meant to see Raimi and the other guy (the producer I think) which is why they're so obviously standing there.
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> That's not a mistake, you're meant to see Raimi and the other guy (the
> producer I think) which is why they're so obviously standing there.

Well in an interview he actually said "How the hell did we let that get in" or something similar. So I take that as they werent meant to be in the shot and nobody actually picked it up when it was edited.
Tue 27/05/03 at 18:58
Regular
"I see you"
In spawn when the kid is eating the sandwich, he spits it out then the camera pans of him and it's not in his hands and then pans off him again and the sandwhich re-appears.

In Star wars just after they have destroyed the deathstar when luke returns to the rebel base and he's getting out of the cockpit. Now when leia runs up he shouts carrie instead of her character name.

There is loads in Dune, loads in star wars i'll have to remember hat other films have them in and then post them.
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:00
Regular
"thegodfather"
In Predator,when Carl Weathers is attacked by the creature who has just taken his arm off.
As Weathers turns slightly to one side screaming,you see his arm tucked behind his back.
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:04
" Crazy!"
I saw Murder by Numbers at cinema twice.

The first time I saw it in one of the scene a microphone thing on one of the big rods went all the way along the screen.

But the second time it didn't happen. They must have picked up on it.

Vote CrazyCol!
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I noticed quite a big mistake in 'Next Friday'

In one scene, one of the Joker brothers isn't wearing a shirt, then the camera changes, he walks to the door to throw some girls out and he has a shirt on, then he enters the house again, camera switches, shirt is off again.

A bit wierd. It doesn't sound too strange here but if you see it you'll see how dumb it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.