GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Weirdest Mistakes you've seen in films."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
I Just Watched a scene in Patch Adams where Patch and Truman have a conversation in the university Cafe. Truman is drinking a coke, he takes a swig and the camera changes, moments later, his drink changes shape. This happens three different times in the same scene.

This got me thinking about a thing which was on Channel 5 (Yes, Channel 5) which some of the greatest films ever made, making stupid mistakes (one included a gas cylinder on a chariot in Gladiator).

So here's the question:

What is the weirdest mistake (or worst editing) you have ever seen in a film?

Hope to here from you.
Sat 31/05/03 at 16:46
Regular
"I see you"
Go here to find all the Bloopers from all of the Star Wars films:

http://www.egosystem.com/starwars/bloopers.htm
Sat 31/05/03 at 00:31
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
There was a whole show on C5 showing clips of muck ups in films (yes the pretty woman thing is true), another one I saw was in gladiator when there's a guy in jeans standing in the background behind a horse. Doh!

And while not a mistake as such, in Terminator 2 when the guy comes out with a shotgun to try and stop Arnie taking the Bike, arnie whips the gun off him, then hass 2 hands on the gun. The shot then changes with him taking one hand off the gun, then it goes back to him having 2 hands on the gun again.

Hoohoo did anyone notice that?
Fri 30/05/03 at 23:35
Regular
"That's right!"
They often replace mother ****** with "melon farmer" because they look the same in terms of mouth movement. Why he would say "Yippy-kai-eh melon farmers!" I have no idea...

Best one was Robocop on ITV years and years ago.

"Why me?! Why me?!"

"I don't have time for this baloney!"

Classics.
Fri 30/05/03 at 22:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I like the way they edit the swearing for TV versions of films like die hard. A whole new comedy slant to a movie.
Fri 30/05/03 at 22:29
Regular
Favourite possibly is from the tv version of Die Hard... the bloke who doesn't use a gun because he killed someone accidently?

Well, it doesn't actually say about that in the tv edit. So at the end, where he 'miraculously' kills someone, it makes absolutely no sense at all why it's such an amazing event.

I love stuff like that.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:56
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Err...try IMDB.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:54
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Who is in it? I'm too lazy to go to IMDB :D
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:52
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I imagine many people have. The director, producer, cast, crew....I could go on.
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:51
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Heh, but has anyone else heard of that film? :D
Fri 30/05/03 at 20:50
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
There's a spitfire flying over in Chariots Of Fire, I believe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.