GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Suggestions for Instant Pro Site Builder Tutorials"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/02/09 at 15:49
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
We're currently in the process of adding tutorials for the site builder software.

If you can let us know what you are having, or have had most trouble with when using the builder, that will help us add the most relevant tutorials/guides for you.

Thanks
Mon 11/01/10 at 13:36
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, or to start a new thread - but is there a way to group pages at all in subdirectories on the page overview page of the builder?

For instance, I have a page for all the paranormal investigations links and then a page for each investigation. However, it's getting quite confusing looking at the overview page with all my pages to look at.

That probably isn't explained too clearly, but if you can make sense of what I have just written, do you have an suggestions?
Mon 05/10/09 at 21:55
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
What does the message on the error page say? Are you launching from a bookmark? Try clearing you browser cookies, logging into your MyFreeola account and trying again. If this still doesn't work then post back here or raise a support ticket.
Mon 05/10/09 at 20:42
Regular
hi,can anyone help,iwant to edit me site,but when i click on launch edit button it comes up with error,reported this to freeola by phone twice and email them 3 times,still nothing happening,any help would be great,thanks stu
Sun 09/08/09 at 17:59
"Are you sure?"
Numnut wrote:
> Hey Hmmm,
>
> Just wanted to make sure you're clear with the adsense
> information........

Hi Numnut,
I think I've got it now thanks :¬)

i.e. It doesn't work if you try to place Ads within the content etc. of your website but you don't receive any warnings or errors.

The ONLY place Adsense is currently supported is by using the 'Skyscraper' option which put the ads out of reach of most visitors limiting their effectiveness.

The good news is Eccles is trying to improve things by introducing a JavaScript plugin to InstantPro.
Full details here.

Numnut wrote:
> It's not top of my list for pending tutorials at the moment
> (currently I'm working on a full overview of the features of the
> text editor which is going to take a bit of time!), but I may
> keep that in the pipeline to follow as it is a nice addition to
> an InstantPro site.
>
> If you're feeling particularly GAD hungry though, a good
> InstantPro adsense tutorial will definitely put you on the right
> side of the GAD awards committee here!
>
> ....and no I'm not trying to get out of doing my work!

:¬)
Warhunt caught me with that the other week - write a nice post on ' Master Sockets ', get asked to add an iPlate article so improve my chances, write a lovely iPlate post - zilch :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 09/08/09 at 17:11
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hey Hmmm,

Just wanted to make sure you're clear with the adsense information........

It's not top of my list for pending tutorials at the moment (currently I'm working on a full overview of the features of the text editor which is going to take a bit of time!), but I may keep that in the pipeline to follow as it is a nice addition to an InstantPro site.

If you're feeling particularly GAD hungry though, a good InstantPro adsense tutorial will definitely put you on the right side of the GAD awards committee here!

....and no I'm not trying to get out of doing my work!
Wed 05/08/09 at 20:07
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Hmmm... wrote:
> LukeM wrote:
> Could you perhaps explain these issues you and
> "others" are encountering?
>
>
> Please
> see this post...

>
>
>
>
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

Ahh I see it was all just confusion! Yeah, AdSense is for use with skyscrapers only.
Wed 05/08/09 at 19:57
"Are you sure?"
LukeM wrote:
> Could you perhaps explain these issues you and
> "others" are encountering?

Please see this post...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 05/08/09 at 19:52
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Numnut wrote:
> We're currently in the process of adding tutorials for the site
> builder software.
>
> If you can let us know what you are having, or have had most
> trouble with when using the builder, that will help us add the
> most relevant tutorials/guides for you.
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Hi Numnut,
>
> I'm struggling with Google AdSense at the moment!
> I know others are as well as I've been emailed by complete
> strangers asking for advice!
>
> A tutorial showing examples of what's possible and what's not
> would be very useful.
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

I will make sure Numnut reads this, however using AdSense is simply the case of setting up an account with Google, then copy and pasting the ad code into the skyscraper manager within InstantPro. You can either set AdSense to be placed in left, right or in both skyscrapers.

Could you perhaps explain these issues you and "others" are encountering?
Wed 05/08/09 at 19:45
"Are you sure?"
Numnut wrote:
> We're currently in the process of adding tutorials for the site
> builder software.
>
> If you can let us know what you are having, or have had most
> trouble with when using the builder, that will help us add the
> most relevant tutorials/guides for you.
>
> Thanks

Hi Numnut,

I'm struggling with Google AdSense at the moment!
I know others are as well as I've been emailed by complete strangers asking for advice!

A tutorial showing examples of what's possible and what's not would be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 07/05/09 at 14:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Dograt wrote

>Then I want to do pages about all the different pests
>but not all on the top and side navigation but from a main "Pest Info >page" I take it I will need a sub menu of some kind with links to the >various pages.

There is the option within the InstantPro Builder itself to choose not to display your pages in the navigation menu. Unselect the option from the page overview page and volia!
Although bare in mind that using this you will need to create hyperlinks within one page taking you between the "sub-pages".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.