GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you take a just over 2 months off of University?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
Well it turns out there will be another Big Brother next year and I want to enter one day. I am 15 now and when it comes out next year I'll be 16. I have my birthday in November so if and when it comes out in the year of my 18th birthday I will have missed it and will have to wait another year. Anyway I will be at University by that time and I was wondering if it is possible to take the necessary amount of time off to enter such a show? Hopefully it will still be running by then (However unlikely) and you'll all be able to see me make a fool of myself on national TV, excellent.
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:37
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Lol I see... Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Who knows what will happen in the years to come.
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Otaku"
Probably depends on the University as to whether they'd let you run off for something like Big Brother, I think most wouldn't look on the idea with much enthusiasm as you'd be missing out nearly a whole semester, half the course you're one ! They might let you take a year out, but I doubt any of them would be able to justify rearranging all your courses just for you to be on television.

Hey, I could be wrong, but I know what kind of reaction I'd get if I went into my Head of Faculty's office and asked to miss two months to be on a tv show......
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I don't know it is going kind of stale all ready especially with the "Back to basics" thing they've got going on. I didn't like the idea of a rich and poor side but everything else was much better. It's far to goody goody this time. I like it when they have some one who is obviously stupid - Jade, some one who is an all round nice guy - Cameron, some one who is good looking and nice - Kate and the rest I like to be live wires like PJ was. Add me to the mix and it'd be brilliant I tells ya! :D
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:15
Regular
"118 118"
gamezfreak wrote:
> The question is.
>
> Will Big Brother be around by then?

I think it is more than likely. The entertainment industry like to milk ideas for all they are worth, and then some.
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:09
Regular
The question is.

Will Big Brother be around by then?
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:08
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It depends entirely on what Uni you'd be studying at.

If you were here at Exeter, you would miss the entirety of your exams.
Mon 26/05/03 at 18:05
Regular
"118 118"
Why not wait until you're 19 ?
Mon 26/05/03 at 17:58
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
But then again if it is on at this time next year then that is the end of term and I will have most likely sat all my exams and would only miss about 2 weeks before the summer holidays. Not to mention the fact that some of the students that are nearing the end of Uni don't sit exams they sit some other kind of thing I know nothing about only that it exists.
Mon 26/05/03 at 17:54
Regular
"118 118"
Well you don't HAVE to attend any of your lectures so logistically speaking yes you can. However you will miss two months worth of lectures which will be near-impossible to catch up on, therefore missing out on a decent finals grade and being detremental any future career moves. However you do get to be on TV which would look good on a CV!
Mon 26/05/03 at 17:34
Regular
You could, but if I become ruler of the world by then you will be culled.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.