GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Architect"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/05/03 at 09:24
Regular
*Spoilers From Reloaded*

A lot of my friends including me were entirely baffled by most of what the Architect said. I'm watching the film again tonight but I have found a transcript of that entire scene for people who have seen it to piF**k at:

---------------

The Architect - Hello, Neo.

Neo - Who are you?

The Architect - I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant.

Neo - Why am I here?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Neo - You haven't answered my question.

The Architect - Quite right. Interesting. That was quiF**ker than the others.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Others? What others? How many? Answer me!"*

The Architect - The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.

*Again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Five versions? Three? I've been lied too. This is b******t."*

Neo: There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

*Once again, the responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "You can't control me! F*F**k you! I'm going to kill you! You can't make me do anything!*

Neo - Choice. The problem is choice.

*The scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then baF**k to the Architect's room*

The Architect - The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is as apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being, thus I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo - The Oracle.

The Architect - Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99.9% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left uncheF**ked might threaten the system itself. Ergo, those that refused the program, while a minority, if uncheF**ked, would constitute an escalating probability of disaster.

Neo - This is about Zion.

The Architect - You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Neo - Bullsh!t.

*The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "Bullsh1t!"*

The Architect - Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

*Scene cuts to Trinity fighting an agent, and then baF**k to the Architects room.*

The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo - You won't let it happen, you can't. You need human beings to survive.

The Architect - There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However, the relevant issue is whether or not you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world.

*The Architect presses a button on a pen that he is holding, and images of people from all over the matrix appear on the monitors*

The Architect - It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.

*Images of Trinity fighting the agent from Neo's dream appear on the monitors*

Neo - Trinity.

The Architect - Apropos, she entered the matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

Neo - No!

The Architect - Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to the left leads baF**k to the matrix, to her, and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple, and obvious truth: she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it.

*Neo walks to the door on his left*

The Architect - Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

Neo - If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again.

The Architect - We won't.

---------------

Does he have to use such big words? And why did the guy look like Col. Sanders? This explanes why his chiF**ken is not real, yet tastes so good (just like the Cypher steak :D). So he made the Matrix to peddle his non-chiF**ken food, NOW THIS SHOULD BE THE PLOT...OR IS IT REALLY THE PLOT?

I bet when Neo wakes up he want some "chiF**ken". Heh.

:D
Tue 27/05/03 at 20:03
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
They allow people to leave The Matrix because 1% reject it, they allow Zion to grow because of this, but then destroy it before it becomes too large or powerful.

The story of Zion's destruction wouldn't be passed on because the people who are freed would never actually meet Neo or anyone who could tell them the story.

Also, as machines they lack imagination to create a new future for the civilisation within The Matrix, so when the people within The Matrix 'invent' AI, and catch up with where humankind was before the machines took over, there is nowhere to go, as the machines can't 'invent' a new future.

By this point the anomaly that is The One has appeared again, and so they allow 17 people to be freed and start again.

Allowing Zion to survive until this point is basically a control for the 1% who reject it - somewhere for them to go.
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
So the whole Matrix thing is stuck in a loop. But why does no-one know about it? If Zion has been destroyed 5 times previously by machines how come no-one remembers it. Wouldn't the story be passed on?

And it seams pointless to rebuild a civilisation over and over just to destroy it. Why does the machines allow "the Ones" to free 17 people in order to rebuild zion?

I understand it but I don't know why it is the way it is. There are too many questions the audience has after this scene, thats why people are confused.
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea, I was following the film quite well and understood it up till the point with the Architect. I just couldn't follow it, I got completely lost at that point.

But that's the beauty of The Matrix, it's a film that I would want to watch a few times to learn more of the story. I'm gonna see the movie again at the weekend, now I know that scene is coming up I'll be ready for it and I'll hopefully understand it more.
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:53
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> What I want to know is, who's the haggard old guy you see in the game,
> and in the trailer for Revolutions? The one that looks like a tramp.
> There's a quick flash of him in the trailer, and he's in a cut-scene
> in Enter the Matrix where he walks past Niobe in the Matrix and
> laughs: "72 hours... that's how long it took last time," or
> something like that.
>
> Any thoughts?

IMDB isn't really helping. His name is Bruce Spence and they've only credited him for a voice in Enter The Matrix as "Trainman".

Oh, and they're making a Mad Max 4. Never knew that :D
Tue 27/05/03 at 17:52
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Apparently she is, i'll find the thread somewhere...but i am also sure
> i thought i saw here die. When a ship got blown up i thought she was
> on it, ahh well.

Have you lot NOT played Enter The Matrix or seen the Revolutions trailer? She appears in both, for christ's sake, both of which have clips of the third film...
Tue 27/05/03 at 14:14
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> What I want to know is, who's the haggard old guy you see in the game,
> and in the trailer for Revolutions? The one that looks like a tramp.
> There's a quick flash of him in the trailer, and he's in a cut-scene
> in Enter the Matrix where he walks past Niobe in the Matrix and
> laughs: "72 hours... that's how long it took last time," or
> something like that.
>
> Any thoughts?

Another rogue program that acts as an orator? He isn’t in Reloaded, so he can’t be that important even if he is to feature in Revolution; he possibly is there as an example of the cyclic nature of the system. A cynical and apathetic program perhaps?

Good news is that I’ve answered your question with more answers.

*Spoilers*

Anyway Niobe encounters him just after/before (I can't remember) the meeting of the captains, when they all find out about the imminent arrival of the machines; perhaps his comments would have given away too much in the film (and made no sense until the end) so they stuck his scene into the game (where it does now make sense).

You can imagine the audience going "last time, what last time?" for the entire duration...
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:45
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
monkey_man wrote:

> Isn't humas a dip?

Do you mean houmous? If so, its fecking delicious. If done properly (i.e not M & S)
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I reckon that when Neo went through the door to save Trinity, he actually entered into a matrix that was designed parallel to Zion for this very event. BUT at this point, his physical body went back to the original Zion, which would explain why he is unconscious at the end of the movie. Just a theory.
Tue 27/05/03 at 11:09
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I was under the understanding that the previous 'ones' chose the door to go back to source and therefore rebuild Zion. The Architect says something about his code being destroyed when he does. This rules out the other 'ones' being dotted around, although it still doesn't explain who a lot of the characters are ie. Frenchie and friends.

I reckon it's impossible to predict who does what and why, because some important details are probably disclosed in Revolutions that we could have never known about.
Tue 27/05/03 at 10:54
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote:
> Dont know how or who he is in relation to the film (seeing it this
> week), but he played The Giro Captain in Mad Max II.

He had a well trained snake too.

*Create your own innuendo*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.