GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is Alias about any good? *also Angel season question*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/05/03 at 22:52
Regular
Only just heard about the series is it on TV? is it good? Thanks.

Also does anyone know what series of Angel will be shown on Channel 5 on June 2? I ordered season 1 DVD from CDWOW! last week only £40.00 2, will I spoil the series if I start watching it on Channel 5? coz I haven't seen season 1, 2, 3 or 4 .. yet.
Wed 28/05/03 at 02:50
Regular
"Wobble"
Autolocked69 wrote:
> Chemical Ali said (CDWOW stuff comes from Hong Kong)
>
> So your saying they sell DVD boxsets so cheap because there hong kong
> rip offs?

No, not at all - I mention that purely because of the increased risk of damage in transit. They're all legitimate DVDs. You do have to be careful about the region, though - unless you have a region-free player, of course.

In terms of DVDs, their R2 stuff is usually a couple of quid more than the same thing from other regions. For example: 8 Mile - R1 is £12.99, R2 is £14.99.

Sickeningly, they have seasons 2-5 of Buffy (R2 6-disk sets) at £39.99 - half price! Aaaarrrrrgh!

The majority of my DVDs are ordered from Play.com or dvd.co.uk though.
Wed 28/05/03 at 02:51
Regular
"Wobble"
adrian wrote:
> The only thing that may happen is Import Tax when it arrives.

I've been ordering from CD-WOW for a couple of years or so now, as have a few of my friends and family. I've never had to pay any import tax, and to the best of my knowledge, none of them have either, if that's any help?
Wed 28/05/03 at 07:42
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Chemical Ali how long does it take for CDWOW! products 2 arrive? I ordered a Angel season 1 DVD boxset (region 2 UK) by cheque and payment was sent last Friday (23 May). Im guessing it will come early next week like Monday or Tuesday.
Wed 28/05/03 at 10:43
"The Will of D."
I can't wait for next Monday's ep on skyone of Alias, it's gonna be brilliant
Syd in a hookers outfit here we come!

Also next Thursday's Angel ep, that's gonna be good too, almost at the end of season 4 aren't we?
Wed 28/05/03 at 11:48
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Chemical Ali wrote:
> adrian wrote:
> The only thing that may happen is Import Tax when it arrives.
>
> I've been ordering from CD-WOW for a couple of years or so now, as
> have a few of my friends and family. I've never had to pay any import
> tax, and to the best of my knowledge, none of them have either, if
> that's any help?

Well you can do. Depends if your unlucky. Maybe as they are Region 2 discs that these Taxes don't apply but if they were Region 1 then you might get charged if customs inspected your package closly.
Wed 28/05/03 at 11:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> I can't wait for next Monday's ep on skyone of Alias, it's gonna be
> brilliant
> Syd in a hookers outfit here we come!
>
> Also next Thursday's Angel ep, that's gonna be good too, almost at the
> end of season 4 aren't we?

Yeah a few episodes left. Quite a good ending which leaves alot of promise for Season 5.
Wed 28/05/03 at 20:05
"The Will of D."
*Mild Spoiler*

Sloane is (after next week's ep) trying to take over the world with the help of Sark, dat evil bastardo!
Wed 28/05/03 at 20:12
Regular
adrian wrote:

>
> Yeah a few episodes left. Quite a good ending which leaves alot of
> promise for Season 5.

--

Hell yes :)
Sat 31/05/03 at 00:25
Regular
"Wobble"
Autolocked69 wrote:
> Chemical Ali how long does it take for CDWOW! products 2 arrive?

Usually about 5-7 days, but I have actually received items from them quicker than goods ordered from within the UK at the same time.

Quickest ever delivery for me from CD-WOW was 3 days after the order was placed.
Sat 31/05/03 at 01:38
Regular
"AKA 2PacForever306"
Thanks Chemical Ali 4 replying. Do you know how long it takes for items ordered by cheque to come? I ordered a DVD boxset last Friday (May 23) by cheque so Im guessing I should get my boxset Tuesday next week?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.