GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big fat ginger geek doesn't like Reloaded"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15192

Harry Knowles of uber-famous geek website Ain't It Cool News has laid into The Matrix Reloaded, claiming it didn't live up to his expectations. Fair enough you might think, but read what his expectations were and you'll see how much of a fat, geeky comic book guy he really is - he wanted to see Neo fighting werewolves, vampires and ghosts and was disappointed when it didn't happen. Newsflash for you lardass - the two twins were ghosts, they just didn't wear sheets on their heads and go 'wOoOoOohh'. And the guy shot with the silver bullet? I'm guessing he was a werewolf too, only not so obvious that he had claws and hair sprouting from his back.

He also says the film is disappointing because we don't get to see Neo teach other people his powers... even though Neo is THE ONE, which means he is the only ONE who can use powers like he can... idiot. He also completely misreads the end of the film by saying he couldn't believe that the destruction of Zion by the machines was passed over so quickly in the final moments of the film. Umm... that's because it hasn't happened yet, and they were talking about the machines destroying the counter-attack, which they clearly state. Anyone who's bothered to do any research on the movies would know that the third Matrix movie sees the battle between man and machine for the fate of Zion.

Big fat ginger geeks shouldn't be allowed to have film websites if they're going to spout ill-informed opinions like his. For the record, this is the man who praised movies like Daredevil and XXX to high heaven. Draw your own conclusions from this.

Oh, and I'm not saying that anyone who dislikes this film is wrong, because I can totally see why it's not to everyone's tastes... but this guy? Sheesh.
Sun 25/05/03 at 11:55
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
El Blokey wrote:
> And Snuggly, when you say Cain (or Abel, whichever got shot) was a
> Werewolf, I take it you mean vampire. Aren't they the ones that die
> from silver bullets?

Nope. Werewolves. He also had big mutton chops to indicate his lupinosity.

Persephone was a kind of vampire, an emotional vampire who feeds on peoples emotions when kissing them. And the twins were ghosts. So big fat Harry could have had his old styley monsters if he payed attention.
Sun 25/05/03 at 09:49
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Favourite bit had to be Neo and the Architect. And anyone else get
> the symbolism with God and such.

OMG YUO MEAN TEH GUY WHO CREATED EVERYTHING WAS LIKE GOD?!?!?!

And Snuggly, when you say Cain (or Abel, whichever got shot) was a Werewolf, I take it you mean vampire. Aren't they the ones that die from silver bullets?
Sun 25/05/03 at 02:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Smith
>
>
> Just Smith.

Like it matters *that* much.
Sun 25/05/03 at 02:06
Regular
He says in the film.

When Neo attacks him at the end of the Matrix he changes, and he isn't an agent anymore.
Sun 25/05/03 at 01:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I never watched the end of the credits
Sun 25/05/03 at 01:23
Regular
Smith

Just Smith.
Sun 25/05/03 at 00:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I was wondering what the third was going to involve as it seemed
> nearly over.

From the trailer shown at the end of the credits, agent smith will be quite important.
Sun 25/05/03 at 00:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I thought it was very good

Although the start sucked, what was all that dancing in Zion about?

Favourite bit had to be Neo and the Architect. And anyone else get the symbolism with God and such.

And Agent Smith.... yes, he's my favourite.

I was wondering what the third was going to involve as it seemed nearly over.
Sun 25/05/03 at 00:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I saw him on tv.

He will die a virgin.
Sat 24/05/03 at 22:40
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I agree with snuggs. Can i call you that?
This ginger dude sounds like a ninny, XXX good? no.
This is obviously an old person, well older than me, 30's... Anyway, i'm only 13, and i understood it first time. Sheesh cabbab!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.