GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big fat ginger geek doesn't like Reloaded"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15192

Harry Knowles of uber-famous geek website Ain't It Cool News has laid into The Matrix Reloaded, claiming it didn't live up to his expectations. Fair enough you might think, but read what his expectations were and you'll see how much of a fat, geeky comic book guy he really is - he wanted to see Neo fighting werewolves, vampires and ghosts and was disappointed when it didn't happen. Newsflash for you lardass - the two twins were ghosts, they just didn't wear sheets on their heads and go 'wOoOoOohh'. And the guy shot with the silver bullet? I'm guessing he was a werewolf too, only not so obvious that he had claws and hair sprouting from his back.

He also says the film is disappointing because we don't get to see Neo teach other people his powers... even though Neo is THE ONE, which means he is the only ONE who can use powers like he can... idiot. He also completely misreads the end of the film by saying he couldn't believe that the destruction of Zion by the machines was passed over so quickly in the final moments of the film. Umm... that's because it hasn't happened yet, and they were talking about the machines destroying the counter-attack, which they clearly state. Anyone who's bothered to do any research on the movies would know that the third Matrix movie sees the battle between man and machine for the fate of Zion.

Big fat ginger geeks shouldn't be allowed to have film websites if they're going to spout ill-informed opinions like his. For the record, this is the man who praised movies like Daredevil and XXX to high heaven. Draw your own conclusions from this.

Oh, and I'm not saying that anyone who dislikes this film is wrong, because I can totally see why it's not to everyone's tastes... but this guy? Sheesh.
Thu 29/05/03 at 20:48
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I'll second that.
Wed 28/05/03 at 12:01
"The Will of D."
Can someone give me a Real Player version of the Revolutions Trailer coz my sister forgot to tell me that there was the trailer at the end of the credits.
Wed 28/05/03 at 11:48
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Nah, it doesn't. The end of the game just sees you left in the tunnels waiting for someone to find you. Then the Revolutions trailer plays, and that's it.
Wed 28/05/03 at 10:52
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
I hear the end of Enter The Matrix explains how Neo could stop the Sentinels (although if you don't have the game there's a transcript floating around on the net).
Wed 28/05/03 at 10:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Stryke wrote:
> I hope that The Matrix is Neo's dream, and at the end of Revolutions
> it'd show Thomas Anderson waking up at his computer screen where he
> was searching for info on Morpheus at the beginning of the first
> film.
>
> Twould be a good twist.

And then he'd reach to the back of his head and find the port-plug...

What I fear is a Donnie Darko type twist (one thatyou can't see coming) where they go "ta da! Neo was simply a figment of a Turtle's imagination and nothing exists at all....dudes".
Wed 28/05/03 at 10:35
"The Will of D."
Well I think i came a bit too late for the originallity of that theory but it explains it a bit further though. But we did work it out at 7Pm last night but I didn't come on here until today.
Wed 28/05/03 at 10:32
"The Will of D."
Sibs wrote:
> SHEEPY wrote:
> I was wondering what the third was going to involve as it seemed
> nearly over.
>
> There's a final showdown between Smith and Neo in the Matrix and
> there's likely a huge fight between all the forces in Zion and the
> machines. They also have to explain how Neo was able to destroy those
> machines in the tunnel... that bugs me. And they'll really have to
> pull out all the stops for the ending... if they have an ending that
> people expect it'll get a hell of a lot of criticism... and there will
> probably be a hell of a lot of theories on how it ends by the time
> Revolutions is out.

I think me and my 19 year old sister (a Philosophy student at Soton)have some answers to how neo destroyed the sentinels, and it was all by ourselves as well....

*soilers*

We think that becuase Neo can also have visions of the future of the Matrix we think that because he was able to see the attack of that huge sentinelthrowing that bomb that he knew that he was still in the matrix. Not the same part of the matrix where New york is but a second part built to deceive everyone so that they believe they are real, but are still in the matrix. neo realised that it was still the Matrix and thus knew that he could control this one as well. But instead of being in a coma at the end he could actually have awoken into the real real world.
Tue 27/05/03 at 09:26
Regular
"the burning sky"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> ** REVOLUTIONS SPOILER **
>
> Apparently, Smith tries to repopulate the entire human capacity of the
> Matrix with duplicates of himself. According to a rumour, Smith isn't
> the only person who can duplicate himself by the end of the third
> movie. Odds for a 1000 Smiths vs 1000 Neos final sequence?
>
> Oh baby.

Well we did see all the different versions of Neo in the Architects room so it may be a possibility...
Tue 27/05/03 at 09:12
Regular
"He's back"
Ahh, but what happened to the five matrixes?

Neo may go back to them, where they are in ghost form like the twins.
Tue 27/05/03 at 04:08
Regular
Oh no, hell no.

First Neo realises that they're actually in the Matrix still, even when they think they aren't... and that Zion and everything, all the crappy land, that's still the Matrix just so they can all believe they're happy.

BUT when Neo manages to get out of it, he finds himself in a EVIL CLOWN CIRCUS, and that he's wired up to a big mainframe that makes him dance like a puppet for all these aliens that come from everywhere to watch puppet humans.

So that goes on and Neo gets locked up with a bearded lady because he escaped and together him and the bearded lady manage to free everyone from the Matrix Matrix and they all escape the circus and make it home where all their mums and dads were wondering where they've been for the last thirty years.

And in a final twist at the end they find out it's actually the Matrix Matrix Matrix and they're all really plugged into a baseball cap with a fan in that this really fat geek wears who reviews films but nobody really pays attention to his opinion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.