GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big fat ginger geek doesn't like Reloaded"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15192

Harry Knowles of uber-famous geek website Ain't It Cool News has laid into The Matrix Reloaded, claiming it didn't live up to his expectations. Fair enough you might think, but read what his expectations were and you'll see how much of a fat, geeky comic book guy he really is - he wanted to see Neo fighting werewolves, vampires and ghosts and was disappointed when it didn't happen. Newsflash for you lardass - the two twins were ghosts, they just didn't wear sheets on their heads and go 'wOoOoOohh'. And the guy shot with the silver bullet? I'm guessing he was a werewolf too, only not so obvious that he had claws and hair sprouting from his back.

He also says the film is disappointing because we don't get to see Neo teach other people his powers... even though Neo is THE ONE, which means he is the only ONE who can use powers like he can... idiot. He also completely misreads the end of the film by saying he couldn't believe that the destruction of Zion by the machines was passed over so quickly in the final moments of the film. Umm... that's because it hasn't happened yet, and they were talking about the machines destroying the counter-attack, which they clearly state. Anyone who's bothered to do any research on the movies would know that the third Matrix movie sees the battle between man and machine for the fate of Zion.

Big fat ginger geeks shouldn't be allowed to have film websites if they're going to spout ill-informed opinions like his. For the record, this is the man who praised movies like Daredevil and XXX to high heaven. Draw your own conclusions from this.

Oh, and I'm not saying that anyone who dislikes this film is wrong, because I can totally see why it's not to everyone's tastes... but this guy? Sheesh.
Sat 24/05/03 at 17:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15192

Harry Knowles of uber-famous geek website Ain't It Cool News has laid into The Matrix Reloaded, claiming it didn't live up to his expectations. Fair enough you might think, but read what his expectations were and you'll see how much of a fat, geeky comic book guy he really is - he wanted to see Neo fighting werewolves, vampires and ghosts and was disappointed when it didn't happen. Newsflash for you lardass - the two twins were ghosts, they just didn't wear sheets on their heads and go 'wOoOoOohh'. And the guy shot with the silver bullet? I'm guessing he was a werewolf too, only not so obvious that he had claws and hair sprouting from his back.

He also says the film is disappointing because we don't get to see Neo teach other people his powers... even though Neo is THE ONE, which means he is the only ONE who can use powers like he can... idiot. He also completely misreads the end of the film by saying he couldn't believe that the destruction of Zion by the machines was passed over so quickly in the final moments of the film. Umm... that's because it hasn't happened yet, and they were talking about the machines destroying the counter-attack, which they clearly state. Anyone who's bothered to do any research on the movies would know that the third Matrix movie sees the battle between man and machine for the fate of Zion.

Big fat ginger geeks shouldn't be allowed to have film websites if they're going to spout ill-informed opinions like his. For the record, this is the man who praised movies like Daredevil and XXX to high heaven. Draw your own conclusions from this.

Oh, and I'm not saying that anyone who dislikes this film is wrong, because I can totally see why it's not to everyone's tastes... but this guy? Sheesh.
Sat 24/05/03 at 17:16
Regular
"everyone says it"
His review has many elements which are true. However I lost all taste for him when he licked XXX and called it a good film.

Urgh. Still one of the other reviews at aintitcool is quite good for the Matrix Reloaded - its fair and gives it a fair review.

7/10 is a nice score :D
Sat 24/05/03 at 17:24
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'd give it an 8 or 9, after a second viewing. Not perfect, but what film is? Even Star Wars had a terrible script. It was nice to see fat Harry get owned in the Ain't It Cool talkbacks too. Anyone who liked Daredevil is not allowed to voice their opinions publicly.

*mutters*
Sat 24/05/03 at 18:28
Regular
I can't believe AICN gets so much press coverage...I only go there to see the stuff written by Hercules.
Sat 24/05/03 at 18:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
His review does seem to be a bit mis-informed.

Why would you want to see Werewolves and Vampires? In a computer program that simulates real life that's just ridiculous.
Sat 24/05/03 at 20:11
Regular
"Light of the world"
cookie monster wrote:
> His review does seem to be a bit mis-informed.
>
> Why would you want to see Werewolves and Vampires? In a computer
> program that simulates real life that's just ridiculous.

I also thought this...BUT i am little skinny and ginger and I think its cool!
Sat 24/05/03 at 20:46
Regular
And the thing is, from what I've read Knowles' opinion seems to carry genuine credence amongst some film companies.
Sat 24/05/03 at 20:49
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Grrrr Snuggly.

I have ginger hair, and my opinion is just as valid as anyone elses.

At least I'm not fat though, I'm very skinny actually....hmmm... lucky.
Sat 24/05/03 at 21:41
Regular
Heh heh, ginger boy.
Sat 24/05/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Light of the world"
leave him alone nash

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.