GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How the Bible disproves its own version of God"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/05/03 at 13:29
Regular
Bit of Philosophy for you

The Bible claims God is:

All powerful (omnipotent)
All knowing (omniscient)
All loving
everywhere at once (omnipresent)

However because of the existence of pain the bibles version of god can only be three of the four things.

either Gods not all powerful (eg. can't stop pain)
not all knowing (doesn't know how to stop all pain)
not all loving (he couldn't care less)
not everywhere at once (cannot get to everywhere pain is)

What do you reckon? I don't exactly believe in God but its an interesting discussion.
Fri 30/05/03 at 09:04
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
>
> The bible answers the war bit. If evolution was survival of the
> fittest and evolving into something better, then why have we not
> evolved wings?

Man, I hope you're joking....
Fri 30/05/03 at 04:44
"I love yo... lamp."
cgj wrote:
> Very true. I don't belive in anything. If someone is the creator and
> loving, how come there are all these wars and humans don't have wings?

The bible answers the war bit. If evolution was survival of the fittest and evolving into something better, then why have we not evolved wings?
Tue 27/05/03 at 19:38
Regular
God is a load of tosh.

believe me. i was a Jehovah's witness from school year 2 to year 8. pure. agony.
Mon 26/05/03 at 19:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't believe in God at all, I believe in good old Mother Nature.

Wow, I think this is the first post I've made in this forum in a year.

:)
Mon 26/05/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Very true. I don't belive in anything. If someone is the creator and loving, how come there are all these wars and humans don't have wings?
Mon 26/05/03 at 19:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
But wouldn't just a small amount of pain tell you something was wrong? Why such huge amounts? To tell you how serious it is? You could tell that by looking at it.
Mon 26/05/03 at 16:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Or you could argue that god doesn't exist and so isn't there to help us.

Either way, nobody will really know until it's too late.
Mon 26/05/03 at 16:47
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Isn't pain there to tell us something is wrong? For example, say my arm has been cut off. Without pain, I wouldn't realise this until maybe when it was too late, leading me to bleed to death.

So you could argue that God gave us pain because he loves us, is able to do so, etc.
Mon 26/05/03 at 13:39
Regular
I'm an atheist myself.

People who do beleive in God, Good for them, its their beleif and people can beleive what ever they want.
Mon 26/05/03 at 13:32
Regular
"bWo > You"
To be fair, some of the attempts at clarifying the existence of God have been pathetic since Jesus revealed himself (Thomas Aquinas' Five Proofs etc)

The question that gets me is this:

God is, by his very nature, infinite. We, as a race, are finite. We are told that we cannot comprehend perfection, which may very well be true, hence we cannot comprehend God. Hence, we can only come up with blurred and hopeful images of 'Him'. But if this is the case, then why would God reveal himself to us? Is it to help us live better lives? I don't think it is, because we should be able to live our own lives, if we are given 'choice', without having to worry about obeying the rules set down by God. I'd like to know what God gets out of revealing himself to us, that's all.

I'm not an atheist (or an agnostic, for that matter), but merely tying to find my feet in religion.

The point made that religion is an excuse for war is very Orwellian in nature, but sadly is very possible. In the human context, religion is nearly always an excuse for war, rather than a reason, and so yes, this point is true.

However, whether or not religion was actually invented by the upper classes to rule over the lower classes, as Karl Marx would have you believe (opium for the masses etc), is debateable. If so, it has certainly worked, but it would have been such a large task that no one empire could have hoped to control or begin, without considerable spy planting in said lower classes to inspire this hope that there is a better life after this one. Possible, yes, but likely? No.

Trying to disprove the existence in God is just as pointless as trying to prove it, as without some sort of revelation, it will simply never happen, and you will never convince everyone either way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.