GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Radiohead Live"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/05/03 at 23:32
Regular
The Setlist in from their first gig of their small venues tour is apparantly as follows:
there there
2+2=5
Where i end and you begin
airbag
lucky
go to sleep
i might be wrong
backdrifts
sail to the moon
myxomatosis
just
sit down stand up
you and whose army?
national anthem
hunting bears
idioteque
everything in it's right place

encore 1
the gloaming
punch up at a wedding
pyramid song
paranoid android

encore 2
karma police
how to disappear.

10 songs off their new ablum 4 off OKC, Kid A and Amnesiac and just the one sadly off the bends. But still what a gig, can't wait til next week! And if they play the same set list i'll be very happy but i won't die happy unless they play exit music!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 22/05/03 at 17:31
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Ahh, I don't think I've been this jealous in a long time. Wish I was seeing them on this l'il tour.
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
"we escape....."
Sounds Excellent! Great Review Sheepy!! i can't wait til saturday!!!
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Spot the mistakes

hoho
Thu 22/05/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I am here, back from exam.

Last nights gig was amazing and probably the best I've been to.

The queue was out the door when we got there which we though was early, the venue was pretty small but not that brilliant. Me and my mate got a few pints and made our way in. Got talking to a few cool people... many Americans who had came over and some very fine looking Radiohead ladies. Anyway, the band came on about half eight to a massive cheer and got fired into new single 'There There'. This rocks so much more live and was weird seeing Ed and Jonny on drums, the ending ruled. Then came my other favourite off Hail to the Thief, 2+2=5. It seemed most of the crowd had already heard them and sung along, the ending did indeed rock. Next came my favourite off The National Anthem with that cool bassline through it, also instead of trumpets at the end there was a great deal of guitars which made it better.

The first three songs was probably my second favourite part of the setlist. Then you heard a note or two that I recognised... it was Lucky... hurrah. But the pints had got to me and I had to go to the toilet where there was pou purie would you believe. So I sung to Lucky in the toilets and ran back in for the end. Then Thom and Ed were teasing the crowd about the Celtic score and then started Backdrifts. It was alright but not that great after the first four... I spent this time inhaling the second hand cannabis that was all around me. There was little movement from the crowd bar a few nodding heads which kind of annoyed me a bit, but they have that 'no moshing rule'. Another two new ones I think... I believe it was Sail to the Moon (which some guy in front of me said 'aye pure soonds like a moon song man. It was quite nice... good album track but a bit laidback live. Where I End and You Begin was a nice number which got the crowd going the followed Go To Sleep which sounded like a bends track which was nice. There was further banter with the audience about the football result... with Thom looking confused at what it actually meant. Then he was answering some shouts near the front but I never really heard. We Suck Young Blood was pretty naff apart from the jazz bit in the middle. Then I head a pling pling from the xylophone and it was No Surpises HURRAH and I hurt my throat singing along to this lovely number. Sit Down Stand Up was alright and Pyramid Song was nice in a kind of spaced out way.

Then came my favourite part of the gig when Paranoid Android started up. Me and my mate had enough the statos quo audience and headed down the front and had a good old body rock to paranoid android which was absolutely amazing with Thom's vocals being superb. Then I heard the start of My Iron Lung and shouted out with joy, in which I'm sure Jonny and Thom glanced up in my direction in which I shouted again. Excellent song which was then followed by Ideoteque in which Thom and the audience danced like mongs. Everything in its Right Place was good and in which Thom lapped up the audience by moving about and making faces and the lot.

They came back for encore and played The Gloaming which did infact lick balls. Err getting bored writing this now. Debut for Wolf at the Door which had a nice chorus.

" Play Just Thom "
" alright then "

Fantastic. Then I recognised the piano but wasn't sure until I remembered the I Might be Wrong EP and it was Like Spinning Plates, it was alright. Second Encore was a great closed. Romeo and Juliet song and b-side 'Talk Show Host'... " I'll be waiting... with a gun and a packet of sandwiches ".
Further banter about extra time in the football or something.

Thom: " extra time? Is that when they hand out oranges "

And the closer was a delightful Karma Police which had the audience singing alone. Hurrah it was over and I was happy and sad but I see them again in November.

Excellent gig... shortlist was pretty good. Wanted to hear Street Spirit, Fake Plastic Trees and such. In for a treat if you have tickets for the gigs.

Yep, excellent. And I got a t-shirt and poster.
Thu 22/05/03 at 14:52
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Oh SHEEPY, where are thou? What was it like last night?
Wed 21/05/03 at 23:32
Regular
"we escape....."
also congratulations sheepy on getting my iron lung :D!
Wed 21/05/03 at 23:30
Regular
"we escape....."
sorry 21 songs
Wed 21/05/03 at 23:27
Regular
"we escape....."
edinburgh setlist:
there there
2+2
national anthem
lucky
backdrifts
sail to the moon
where i end AYB
go to sleep
no surprises
sit down stand up
pyramid song
paranoid android
my iron lung
idioteque
e i i r place

e1:
gloaming
wolf at the door
just
like spining plates

e2:
talk show host
karma police

quite short only 20 songs but LikeSpinningPlates is huge i want that one at london
my iron lung too!!!! and talk show host with karma police. A good setlist. just seemed a bit short but some very nice songs. how was it sheepy?
Wed 21/05/03 at 18:21
Regular
"we escape....."
I guess sheepy has already left for it. he prolly be getting there within the next hour or so. Lucky Bast*rd!
Tue 20/05/03 at 16:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hoho I very much doubt it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.