GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Really the MAXX ??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/05/03 at 14:49
Regular
I am thinking of buying a Maxx 4d and was wondering if anyone out there had one and could give me their opinion of it. I was particulary wondering what it was like in processing digital photographs as my mate has just bought a TIME Pc which reckons is the best thing ever.

All comments appreciated
Thu 15/05/03 at 01:26
Regular
True, something can go wrong with a dell machine or even a maxx now and again but, a human always makes errors.
After about 3 years your computer can suddenly stop working, and i think 3 years is the max lifespan for a computer as long as you treat it well
Thu 15/05/03 at 01:21
Regular
"bing bang bong"
§niper wrote:
> Well if it is well built u won't need their help but from what i hear
> they don't build it well..

All computers have equal potential to go wrong. Computers are not mechanical devices, it's very difficult to put one together 'better' than another unless the person building the latter was negligent. Computer failures happen to Time's, Dell's, IBM's etc in equal measure and most certainly to my self-built machine.
Thu 15/05/03 at 00:22
Regular
Well if it is well built u won't need their help but from what i hear they don't build it well..
Thu 15/05/03 at 00:19
Regular
"bing bang bong"
The measure of a computer manufacturer is seldom how many times the computer goes wrong. What happens WHEN the computer goes wrong is much more relevant, and Time can go and die in a pit of stink in that respect.
Thu 15/05/03 at 00:19
Regular
Anything is better than time... and pcworld
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:29
"I love yo... lamp."
They have had good reviews and the spec is pretty good. Settle on a price point and then have a flick through a PC mag like Computeractive and see what you can get for the same money. If you were that technically minded I doubt you would ask us.

And Time aren't that bad. I have had one for 6 years without any problems. Even still got its original windows installation despite everyday use for everything. Although it is now just a glorified word processor.
Wed 14/05/03 at 17:24
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Any MAXX PC will dung on any Time PC from a very great height. I wouldn't touch anything Time produced if I had any choice in the matter.

Any computer can process digital photos, including a MAXX.
Wed 14/05/03 at 14:49
Regular
I am thinking of buying a Maxx 4d and was wondering if anyone out there had one and could give me their opinion of it. I was particulary wondering what it was like in processing digital photographs as my mate has just bought a TIME Pc which reckons is the best thing ever.

All comments appreciated

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.