GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"maxx pc what are they like"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/03 at 14:41
Regular
im thinking of buying a maxx pc from sr what are they like any1 got one?
do they do a good job of customizing them and how long did it take to come?
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well a loose memory module is entirely down to the motherboard, which I presume SR don't make themselves...
Tue 13/05/03 at 19:55
Regular
Im just suggesting a few faults in the company.

C.b.
Tue 13/05/03 at 19:54
Regular
I don't mean that last post to be against anyone inparticular i know the techy guys there are great and know there stuff, The reason why that review system had loose ram is due to the courior bashing it around, a good friend of mine built and tested that computer and i have no doupt it was in good condition when it left.

C.b.
Tue 13/05/03 at 19:10
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Turbonutter wrote:
> Self-build here...

Lol.. I try to build myself.

But err.. I'd rather buy a niceish one and upgrade it myself. Or something..
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:55
Er, can't comment on that.

But what I'm saying is that a PC in a review shouldn't be cussed because of a loose memory chip.
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:45
Regular
The thing about sr maxx pc range is that sr tend to treat there techys badly and moral in that department is rock bottom and people are leaving, this means that due to the low moral and having to train up more people, quality is lacking, you know what it's like when you hate the job so much you don't care if things are go wrong, I will probably get banned for saying this, but i believe in freedom of speech.

C.b.
Tue 13/05/03 at 15:22
Don't know if you read a geek's mag, but PC PLus reviewed a Maxx PC, and absolutely slated it for having a loose memory module in the computer they had sent for review. Whilst other PCs in the "Against" section had valid cons such as "Limited expansion sockets" and "Lower than expected 3D Performance", most of them were plain bizarre, such as the "loose memory in review sample" that was given to the Maxx PC. Oh, and the back page writer always freely mentions something to do with sex in every issue, despite the fact that his mugshot gives the impression that he's a paedophile.
Tue 13/05/03 at 12:34
Regular
They are good but charge alot (dell)... wish SR would have the ability to change to a card like the 9500 pro (except they don't sell them) or the Geforce 4 ti 4600 etc.. cos i don't really want a Geforce FX...
Tue 13/05/03 at 07:57
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Self-build here...
Mon 12/05/03 at 23:57
Regular
Snuggly would say that as you work for Sr :), I would go for a DeLL as you get so much for your money and they look pretty cool as well.

Colin

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.