GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"maxx pc what are they like"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/05/03 at 14:41
Regular
im thinking of buying a maxx pc from sr what are they like any1 got one?
do they do a good job of customizing them and how long did it take to come?
Thu 15/05/03 at 14:52
Regular
"lei fang!!!!!"
yea that happened to me. I have a maxx pc and I love it but I had a scare on christmas day for it. However it was only because the shipper had knocked the graphics card slightly.
Wed 14/05/03 at 22:38
Regular
Blurb wrote:
> Hey Drewy nice name (my name is drew if u didnt know)

cool name :)
Wed 14/05/03 at 22:37
Regular
ok i think ive decided im going for a pentium 2.8 with ati radeon 9700 pro and ill have to settle for a 15inch tft buying new house soon so ill have to hang on a few weeks grrrrr. :)
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:37
"I love yo... lamp."
Medion are not only available through Aldi.
Staples sells Cybercoms which are from the same people as Medion.

Get the 3GHz PC with the big CRT monitor.
Wed 14/05/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Yours or Mine"
Hey Drewy nice name (my name is drew if u didnt know)
Wed 14/05/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
If you do want a tft, you can get nice 17" ones for under £400 now - one on special offer elsewhere at the moment for £300. And before anyone goes on about how they must be awful for games, ghosting etc, they're not, I've seen one and heard many things of the other.

For most apps, yeah, you wont notice any difference between the cpus, but the 3ghz does seem to be a fairly significant step up from the other p4s - if you can afford it with a cheaper tft/monitor which you're happy with, go for it, but don't fret finding ways to cut corners if your budget wont stretch to it.
Wed 14/05/03 at 14:45
Regular
I would go for the 3/06 HT chip and a nice big crt monitor.

C.b.
Wed 14/05/03 at 12:37
Regular
"bing bang bong"
drewy wrote:
> thanks for all the input so far my next quetion is option 1 a pentium
> 4 2.4 gig with radeon 9700pro gc with 17inch prophet view monitor tft
> (£450 for monitor)or go for a pentium 3.06 with same card but
> with one of those bulky aoc monitors.

Processor speed won't make a fig of difference to the everyday performance, but then I'd prefer a CRT to a TFT meself. Up to you.
Wed 14/05/03 at 11:11
Regular
thanks for all the input so far my next quetion is option 1 a pentium 4 2.4 gig with radeon 9700pro gc with 17inch prophet view monitor tft (£450 for monitor)or go for a pentium 3.06 with same card but with one of those bulky aoc monitors.
Wed 14/05/03 at 01:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> I don't mean that last post to be against anyone inparticular i know
> the techy guys there are great and know there stuff, The reason why
> that review system had loose ram is due to the courior bashing it
> around, a good friend of mine built and tested that computer and i
> have no doupt it was in good condition when it left.

Indeed, a friend I know used to work for a courier firm and watched Gateway PCs still in their boxes get dropped off a conveyorbelt from above head height :O/

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.