GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import DVD's"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 20:10
Regular
I just saw an advert for the 'DVD region X' for the PS2. This allows me to play region 1 dvd's on my PS2. So I'm gonna order one from SR next week.

But I now need to know some good region 1 dvd suppliers, I know of 'U.S Direct' has anyone ordered from them before and are they reliable enough? Also, I will be paying for discs by cheque, so online only companies are no good to me, so are there any other suppliers you know of that are good that supply catalogues?

Thanx.
Sat 10/05/03 at 14:34
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've just ordered a catalogue from US Direct, and I know I'm taking a bit of a risk with the Region X. Because to be honest I dont know if my T.V is NTSC compatible or not, and I dont have a manual to check it out. But I may as well try it out anyway.
Fri 09/05/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Though I wouldn't really recommend DVD Region X to be honest, not
> particuarly good quality from what i've seen.

Thats not DVD Region X but PS2 in general. As the PS2 doesnt allow RGB output then the picture isnt great. These products say they allow RGB output but basically there saying that you can connect via RGB and not get the green screen, as DVD Region X disables RGB altogether or something like that.
Fri 09/05/03 at 21:22
Regular
www.movietyme.com

or

www.play247.com

Though I wouldn't really recommend DVD Region X to be honest, not particuarly good quality from what i've seen.
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Thanks for those addies, but none of them provide a catalogue, so I have to pay by credit card, I neither have one or want one. But thanks anyway.

;)
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:28
Regular
I have a few Region One DVD's.

For cheap. Hint hint. SR deleted my topic when I tried selling them.
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
www.play.com. They are based in Jersey so prices are in Pounds and delivery is quick. They also get DVDs maybe 2 weeks before retail date sometimes so they send them out as soon as they get Stock. Had Lord Of The Rings 9/10 days before it was released.
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
play.com too. cheap, free postage and fast. Once I ordered a DVD sunday evening...it came tuesday morning.
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
cookie monster wrote:
> www.dvdboxoffice.com
>
> They do free worldwide postage as well, although its not exactly fast.

Thanx, the delivery time doesn't really bother me, I would probably still get the movies months before they're released over here. Excellent.

:)
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
www.dvdboxoffice.com

They do free worldwide postage as well, although its not exactly fast.
Fri 09/05/03 at 20:10
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I just saw an advert for the 'DVD region X' for the PS2. This allows me to play region 1 dvd's on my PS2. So I'm gonna order one from SR next week.

But I now need to know some good region 1 dvd suppliers, I know of 'U.S Direct' has anyone ordered from them before and are they reliable enough? Also, I will be paying for discs by cheque, so online only companies are no good to me, so are there any other suppliers you know of that are good that supply catalogues?

Thanx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.