GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import DVD's"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/05/03 at 20:10
Regular
I just saw an advert for the 'DVD region X' for the PS2. This allows me to play region 1 dvd's on my PS2. So I'm gonna order one from SR next week.

But I now need to know some good region 1 dvd suppliers, I know of 'U.S Direct' has anyone ordered from them before and are they reliable enough? Also, I will be paying for discs by cheque, so online only companies are no good to me, so are there any other suppliers you know of that are good that supply catalogues?

Thanx.
Wed 14/05/03 at 21:02
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Or†ega wrote:
> Smokey in the firs**t friday film is soooooooooo funny. Wish he was in
> the other two!
>
> *you mus**t be one dumb muthafuker to get fired on your day-off!*

The other 2? Smokey ain't in Next Friday I don't think.... But Mike Epps (Day-Day) makes up for that loss. ;)

But yea, they are amazing films jus**t not very well known to mos**t people.

"Now I know you don't smoke w**d, but I'm gonna get you high today, cos it's Friday, you ain't got no job and you ain't got no sh*t to do!"

Classic

:)
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:46
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> I think Region 1 discs will be cool, one of the movies I'm getting is
> 'Friday after next' I don't know if that'll be released on region 2
> and it will be hard to find. It's not exactly a popular film but I
> liked the first 2, so I'll need to get the next installment.

Smokey in the first friday film is soooooooooo funny. Wish he was in the other two!

*you must be one dumb muthafuker to get fired on your day-off!*
Tue 13/05/03 at 23:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mystique wrote:
> True, but VCDs are a waste of time, why would anyone want to play MP3s
> through their TV and yeah nyer :p

VCDs and SVCDs are important to me. Get TV episodes from places and burn the to CDRW and watch on TV rather than PC.
Tue 13/05/03 at 20:04
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've looked at what I think are the three best multi-region players on SR. I've decided to get the 'Arianet 2233' it seems to be a good all rounder and does more than I need it to.

I also got a catalogue through from 'U.S. Direct' today, they seem sound enough, so I can order my dvd discs now as well, yay.

:)
Tue 13/05/03 at 17:23
Regular
True, but VCDs are a waste of time, why would anyone want to play MP3s through their TV and yeah nyer :p
Mon 12/05/03 at 22:52
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mystique wrote:
> LG3200e
> Fantastic Player. Multi regional too.

It may be good but doesnt seem to offer tons of supported media according to a website and user reviews. VCD, SVCD and MP3 is not supported as well as media types like CDRW and DVDRW. Maybe an ok player if your going to be using just DVDs but someone wanting a MP3, VCD and SVCD player should look else where.
Mon 12/05/03 at 21:56
Regular
LG3200e
Fantastic Player. Multi regional too.
Mon 12/05/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Kiriyama wrote:
> Region 1 DVDs suck balls. Wait for the R2 release and then take it
> round your ignorant mate's house :)

I think Region 1 discs will be cool, one of the movies I'm getting is 'Friday after next' I don't know if that'll be released on region 2 and it will be hard to find. It's not exactly a popular film but I liked the first 2, so I'll need to get the next installment.

I'm gonna get the Kiiro multi-region if I can find out about this dang update disc, or otherwise I may just get the Yamada multi-region as no update disc is mentioned, so I doubt it'll need one.
Mon 12/05/03 at 20:30
Regular
What? How? Why?
Sun 11/05/03 at 21:00
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Region 1 DVDs suck balls. Wait for the R2 release and then take it round your ignorant mate's house :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.