GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Exams"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/05/03 at 15:27
Regular
Seeing as most of the clever and intelligent folk are in here I thought I would wish anyone else with exams, either at uni, school etc, all the best.
Good luck with the exams or the studying before hand.

Mine start next week so I am starting to study as much as I can, although trying to make myself do it seem to be the hardest part at the moment.

Anyway. Good luck to anyone with exams in the not too distant future
Tue 06/05/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
In the Scottish Standard Grade System which I am doing instead of GCSEs in England they split classes into different levels. The top class is called "Credit" and they do Credit Work but at the end of the year they have to sit the "General" test as well just incase they fail the Credit. As you have probably guessed General is the middle band. The same thing applies to them at the end of the year except they have to sit the "Foundation" exam as well just incase they fail the General. Foundation is the lowest level of education so if you are in a foundation class you do the General test as well as there is nothing bellow that. I was in a Credit/General class and the teacher hoped we would all get Credit marks so we focused on Credit work. Unfortuantely I didn't revise for a maths test a month before the final exams so they kept me in the same class for the last few periods but said I would be sitting the General and Foundation exams instead. I will definitely get a General mark if I can just get some notes but if not I don't know what will happen. Anyway that's my story and I really need some help if anyone can offer any advice?
Tue 06/05/03 at 18:57
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
So they're stopping you taking the higher tier test because you didn't revise for it?

Sod that, I'd have been chucked out of every subject.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
BEARDS. wrote:
> So they're stopping you taking the higher tier test because you didn't
> revise for it?
>
> Sod that, I'd have been chucked out of every subject.

Lol basically. I was going to do the credit but since I didn't revise for the Prelim (Mock) exams for Maths and failed the credit Maths prelim and only scraped a pass in the General they put me down to that level. If I revised I would have passed as I'm really good in class but once we go to a knew topic I remember the topic before that but everything before that is vague.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:22
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Pfft. I have a friend who thinks that if he got 35% in the Physics AS mock we did today he'll have done well. It's not that he can't do it, he just couldn't be bothered. Apathy kills grades, especially in mocks.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:47
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Got my GCSEs in a matter of weeks but oddly I am not at all worried
> about them, besides the fact I am likely to flunk science. However I
> have my A levels next, then a degree, then I will get a job and nobody
> will enquire as to what I got for my GCSEs or A levels! Life is so
> stoopid!

For a start, GCSE Science (the double award at any rate) is piis easy. 75% gets you an A*.

Secondly, you'll probably be asked you're GCSE results at every single job you apply for forever. Unless it's something like an interview for a bin man job, but hey, you never know. Everyone has 11 GCSE's nowadays.

...well, I only took ten, so I don't, but...everyone else...
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:53
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I will do good in them anyway and of course get into the 6th form (minumum 4 c's is within almost anyones grasp!). I got A's and B's in my mocks with only revising the day before, what I am saying is there is no point in worrying over an exam AT ALL. Be it something that is a routine test paper or something that may be a big career move. What happens, happens.

I beleive in destiny though, a lot of you might not and so will probably disagree with me on this one.
Tue 06/05/03 at 19:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think I'm destined to become Beards.
Tue 06/05/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Blank wrote:
> I think I'm destined to become Beards.

Nah, the closest you'll get to becoming BEARDS is by growing your own goatie. No offence but you have to be both insane, easy going, tough with JATs and Newbies etc
Tue 06/05/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I'm not tough on Newbies. I'm tough on idiots, and tough on the causes of idiots.
Tue 06/05/03 at 22:17
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
One examon June 2nd, 2 hours, 2 questions from choice of 6, then that's it until first week in October.

You gotta love University :)

I'll have to do my dissertation research though, but seeing as my dissertation is on Videogames I don't think that'll be any major stress :)

Good luck to everyone else, alternatively you could all revise tons so you know what you need to for the exams and leave the idiots relying on luck !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.