GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One Hour Photo"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 18/04/03 at 20:06
Regular
A solid 7/10. Robin Williams is fantastic, Tom Cruise lite makes me want to stab things, and I'm upset that they had a first-time director as I think with someone more accomplished they could have cut out the rubbish (pointless dream/eyes sequence) and focused more on the underlying darkness that only got realised with the final interview.

Also thought the whole knife scene was rubbish, but I still liked it because of the awful atmosphere. Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?
Tue 06/05/03 at 14:02
"Darth Vader 3442321"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> One hour photo's are good but cost quite a bit. About £7! from
> Boots, your better off sending them away for a mear £3 or close
> to that

Childish but funny.
Tue 06/05/03 at 00:02
Good film, not great, but still worth £3.00

Robin Williams puts in a great performance and is very creepy, I wouldn't hand over my photos to that guy. Considering buying my own development kit now... *shivers*

Good film, rent it and make your own mind up. Always worth a look.
Fri 02/05/03 at 02:07
"I love yo... lamp."
It did what it set out to do, and well. Robin Williams was convincingly creepy. But I just didn't click with this movie. Which is weird, cause I like unusual stuff normally. Not the kind of thing you invite your mates round for with a couple of beers.
Sun 27/04/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I saw the film last night and was pleasantly surprised at just how good it was. It covered a pretty sensertive issue (Stalking) yet made you feel a degree of sympathy towards the perpetrator. The long patches of dialogue worked well instead of everything having to be shown pictorally as is usually the case in American films. The film was acted well, and Robin Williams got what I consider to be his first 'adult' role. It is probably a film I will buy as contraversy is something I value in movies.
Thu 24/04/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I saw this a few weeks ago and thought it was alright. For a while we thought that the bloke who played his manager in the store was the guy from "Beastmaster". But it wasn't.
Thu 24/04/03 at 11:53
Regular
"cachoo"
Thought it might be that.. Just needed to get that off the mind!
Thanks though. I understood the bit about the photos being spread across the table, just not the family photo..
Thu 24/04/03 at 11:14
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
It's "open to interpretation"...

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Some think that Sly didn't take photos of the couple, and in fact just took random shots (which are spread across the table), others think it was a separate roll of film he shot showing how people never take photos of 'the little things', referring to his mini speech. Also, the family photo including him is probably just his fantasy.
Thu 24/04/03 at 10:47
Regular
"cachoo"
Finally got round to watching One Hour Photo the other day and it was pretty good. Nice to see Robin Williams do something different and he was very good at it..

But the ending, like some of you said, was disappointing. Yet I still get confused! What's with the family picture at the end? Did he not do what it showed he did? Still confused and annoyed with it though.. I understand right up until that family picture.. Or was that his fantasy still carrying on?!

Maybe a purchase. It'll look good in the collection..
Wed 23/04/03 at 21:22
Regular
"I see you"
I can't believe you've got my little eye, seriously it's sh*te and it's only an 18 because a lass gets her baps out and their is swearing. It's not remotely scary in anyway.
Tue 22/04/03 at 22:54
" Crazy!"
Well it's been added to the collection along with some cr@p called Something Joe what my little brother saw and since my mam adores him she just had to buy it.

She didn't ant to buy My little Eye to begin with, the first thing she said was 'It's an 18' so I said 'Sooooo?', I managed to persuade her but will be watching it alone along with resident evil.

I hate my mother, I am going to Alton Towers on Thrusday which is the only place in the Uk which I love going to. Last time I went with her she moaned and groaned all day so if she does it this time I'm probably going to say some things that will feel good at the time but probably will regret for a long time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.