GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Chat and Welcome Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is the thread for general chat.

Tell us how your day was, say hello or just introduce yourself if you're new to the site.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 29/12/2018 at 18:19.
Page:
Wed 10/01/18 at 18:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Eccles wrote:
60% of traffic to these forums in the last year has been direct or via search engines. That's people finding their way here without even going to freeola.com first, so presumably that sort of traffic will continue unless moving a link position on another website magically affects traffic not referred by it :)

And I suspect that 50% of that 60% traffic is 'nefarious' and the remaining 10% is from 'individuals' still believing that Freeola provide 'free internet etc etc' ... Hiding the Forum under 'Other Sites' is a clever idea to reduce such traffic as 'Other Sites' suggests away from Freeola ... but 'hiding' the link isn't good and 'bookmarking' is a somewhat patronising suggestion.
Wed 10/01/18 at 17:30
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
60% of traffic to these forums in the last year has been direct or via search engines. That's people finding their way here without even going to freeola.com first, so presumably that sort of traffic will continue unless moving a link position on another website magically affects traffic not referred by it :)
Wed 10/01/18 at 11:35
"possibly impossible"

Eccles wrote:
The link to chat.freeola.com has was not in the last design of the nav bar, it was in a tab on the top right. Bookmarks are used to stop you having to go to one site and click so you can then visit another and so you don't have to remember the URL, which it appears is exactly what you do? You can never please everybody :)

But now we'll never have new people join the forums because there will be even less chance of them stumbling across them. Sad face.
Wed 10/01/18 at 07:30
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
The link to chat.freeola.com has was not in the last design of the nav bar, it was in a tab on the top right. Bookmarks are used to stop you having to go to one site and click so you can then visit another and so you don't have to remember the URL, which it appears is exactly what you do? You can never please everybody :)
Tue 09/01/18 at 22:05
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Eccles wrote:
Bookmarks.....

What's bookmarks?

Don't do bookmarks on sites that I know, because I know where things are!

Why should I 'bookmark' the Forums when the link has aiways been within the Freeola nav bar?

Bad call :¬(

Sorry Eccles
Tue 09/01/18 at 21:56
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Bookmarks.....
Tue 09/01/18 at 19:28
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
On another note ... who likes the 'sudden new nav bar' at Freeola? Took me ages to realise that the Forums was 'Other Sites' !

Not good :¬(
Tue 09/01/18 at 19:25
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

pb wrote:
Should have explained it better, sorry. Company is now owned by a Canadian company and all redundancies are announced at the same time. In the US and Canada the workers rights are few and far between and they can be shoved out within a day.

Workers rights should be compliant within the country where they work and no matter who owns the company, Canadian or not!!!! You have a 30 day consultation period, which means jack s***e, but you have it :¬)
Mon 08/01/18 at 22:43
"possibly impossible"

DL wrote:
Not quite that easy pb;¬) When we were made redundant, it was on 15th December ... but we still had a '30 day consulatation' period which made our Christmas' so wonderful, we didn't leave site until 21st January the next year!

Redundancy notice in December, you won't physically leave the job until into the New Year.

Should have explained it better, sorry. Company is now owned by a Canadian company and all redundancies are announced at the same time. In the US and Canada the workers rights are few and far between and they can be shoved out within a day.
Mon 08/01/18 at 19:18
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

pb wrote:
Ours always get announced before Christmas so they can get rid of people before then. Hope your job is ok.

Not quite that easy pb;¬) When we were made redundant, it was on 15th December ... but we still had a '30 day consulatation' period which made our Christmas' so wonderful, we didn't leave site until 21st January the next year!

Redundancy notice in December, you won't physically leave the job until into the New Year.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.