Freeola Home Get Dotted Domains Win Free Games Freeola Blog Freeola Guides Freeola Customer Forum

Viewing Thread:

"General Chat and Welcome Thread"

Sat 25/11/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is the thread for general chat.

Tell us how your day was, say hello or just introduce yourself if you're new to the site.

...and as this is Great Britain we like to talk about the weather :)

Post edited by Hmmm... on 18/06/2017 at 18:01.
Page:
Thu 09/08/18 at 09:58
"possibly impossible"

Dringo wrote:
It has gone very BioShock

Would you kindly like to post more....
Mon 23/07/18 at 00:13
Regular
It has gone very BioShock
Thu 05/07/18 at 10:35
"possibly impossible"
Hello all.

Infrequent visits at the moment, sorry. This place is anything but up-to-date, must be the steampunk theme.
Mon 02/07/18 at 17:51
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
You've mentioned similar 'vanishing' posts before - it looks like when posts are deleted (normally spam etc.) not everything updates - I guess that's just how the forum s/w works.

For me that's ok, as I can guess what has happened :)

Yep ... and AaronEckhart now appears but doesn't ;)

Post edited by DL on 02/07/2018 at 17:52.
Fri 22/06/18 at 17:35
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
You've mentioned similar 'vanishing' posts before - it looks like when posts are deleted (normally spam etc.) not everything updates - I guess that's just how the forum s/w works.

For me that's ok, as I can guess what has happened :¬)
Hmmm...
Thu 21/06/18 at 19:44
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Disingenuous is still listed has having made the last post about 5 days ago ... that post never appeared!

Whoever 'cleared' it, can you not clear it from the Forum listings, as nobody actually read it!
Tue 05/06/18 at 22:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

dav2612 wrote:
Talking of age, I've gone from 2nd youngest in the office to being at least 3rd oldest. I'm old enough to be the dad of 2 of them.

Don't fret dav ... 3 of us in the Yard are referred to as Dad's Army and we're all old enough to be their grandparents! However, we always turn up for work ... think about it ;¬)
Mon 04/06/18 at 20:47
Regular
"And in last place.."

pb wrote:
Well done on taking that scary step and on getting a new job. Hope it works out well for you.

Gout gone again but now found out I have Colitus as well. This getting older lark isn't great, is it?

Certainly was scary - too long in the same job and had got too comfortable, regular uncertainty aside.

Did you trade in gout for colitus?

Talking of age, I've gone from 2nd youngest in the office to being at least 3rd oldest. I'm old enough to be the dad of 2 of them.
Mon 04/06/18 at 15:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

pb wrote:
Gout gone again but now found out I have Colitus as well. This getting older lark isn't great, is it?

Certainly isn't pb ... I tend to ignore it, but some days, it reminds you :¬D
Mon 04/06/18 at 08:04
"possibly impossible"

dav2612 wrote:
Hello pb, DL and anyone lurking,

It has been a while, as you may have noticed. Since we last spoke I survived a redundancy and then saved the person that was being made redundant by resigning from my position. What a hero I am. There was a lot of employment uncertainly hanging over me at the start of the year and I decided it was time to do something about that and try to secure a long term future - 21 years of programming in dead or irrelevant languages doesn't open many doors. But against the odds, I did manage to get myself a web developer role. It is a bit of a pay cut and a 60 mile round trip each day but finances aside, it makes so much sense in every other way.

Hope the gout has settled down pb and hope the knees are getting a break DL.

Well done on taking that scary step and on getting a new job. Hope it works out well for you.

Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated

Check out some of our customer testimonials below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Testimonials

Thank you for making the whole thing work so well...
So easy to use and the features included in it are very user-friendly. I have recommended your service to a lot of my friends... I'm now getting good business from my site ...
Chris

View More Testimonials

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Tell us what you think!

Live Chat is available:
9am to 6:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).

01376 55 60 60

Send us a ticket.

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.