GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General Chat and Welcome Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/00 at 11:47
Regular
This is the thread for general chat.

Tell us how your day was, say hello or just introduce yourself if you're new to the site.

Post edited by Hmmm... on 29/12/2018 at 18:19.
Page:
Thu 18/04/19 at 11:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi Eccles,
I've just raised a Ticket :¬)

Hmmm...
Wed 17/04/19 at 16:55
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi Hmmm...
Please could you send us a ticket with list of the affected domains and a rough time you updated the auto-renewal settings. Hopefully that will let us track down an error report. Thanks.
Wed 17/04/19 at 10:50
"Are you sure?"

Hmmm... wrote:
More Firefox problems renewing domains...

Hi Eccles/Freeola.
All had been working fine since writing - I'm blaming the latest FF update again! (I updated to 66.0.2 64 bit over the weekend)
I've just renewed a couple of domains. While changing the 'auto renew' options I received this error:

"There has been an error
There was a problem making the change you wanted. Please try again.
If you require further help please Email the Support Team or contact Freeola Support on ."

No normal email received saying I've changed the auto renew but I can see it has in fact done it and applied the correct discount - so I'm all ok.
I couldn't see any errors in the FF log this time - but I think it will be down to the way FF is handling cookies etc.
Let me know if I can give any more details.
Hmmm...

FYI - I've just changed the 'auto-renew' status on 4 more domains and still received the error - but it had in fact carried out the change as before. I thought it must be my dodgy Firefox browser so tried Chrome, but had the same error. So it looks like there is a problem. I did receive the email notifying me of the change.
Hmmm...

Thu 11/04/19 at 19:12
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Hmmm and Freeola staff ...

Header image for General Chat Home is a big improvement :¬) ... shame the link has gone from Freeola's Home page!
Tue 09/04/19 at 10:49
"Are you sure?"
More Firefox problems renewing domains...

Hi Eccles/Freeola.
All had been working fine since writing - I'm blaming the latest FF update again! (I updated to 66.0.2 64 bit over the weekend)
I've just renewed a couple of domains. While changing the 'auto renew' options I received this error:

"There has been an error
There was a problem making the change you wanted. Please try again.
If you require further help please Email the Support Team or contact Freeola Support on ."

No normal email received saying I've changed the auto renew but I can see it has in fact done it and applied the correct discount - so I'm all ok.
I couldn't see any errors in the FF log this time - but I think it will be down to the way FF is handling cookies etc.
Let me know if I can give any more details.
Hmmm...
Tue 12/03/19 at 22:30
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thanks Hmmm... that's some useful feedback for us to try and replicate the issue, which we've been struggling to do. It may mean that the SSL only flag needs specifically setting our side when setting the cookie if we're not doing that already.
Tue 12/03/19 at 13:30
"Are you sure?"
Just to update my Firefox wows...

After some poking around I seem to be sorted now.
I can only guessing it's related to recent FF changes with their Storage and Cookies access policy?

The only thing that had changed at my end is the FF version updates - currently on 65.0.2 which I updated to recently.

When on getdotted.com the FF console was continuously giving me warnings for:
"Request to access cookies or storage on “https://secure.freeola.com/ordering/js/rpc-items-count.php?_=1551966927925” was blocked because of custom cookie permission" and also similar for a freeola.com CSS file.

I played with disabling FF's new content blocking but this didn't help.

I have FF automatically clear my cookies and cache, but only when I close FF. So this shouldn't cause a problem but it looks like it did. Looks a bit buggy to me if it was this!

I have added numerous exceptions for the regular sites I visit so my preferences are saved. After adding https://secure.freeola.com & https://freeola.com (changed from 'Allow thirdparty cookies' > 'Allow') to the exception list the errors have stopped and I can add items to my Freeola trolley again! :¬)

Hmmm...

Thu 07/03/19 at 14:02
"Are you sure?"
I like the changed top navigation (just need to remove the plumbing photo of the forum now :¬P).
I didn't like the way moving your mouse after clicking a browser bookmark into the main forum page launched the drop-down navigation! Lots of sites do this not just Freeola, but I think it's bad UX.

So I'm pleased that's gone. I had to move the mouse up and round else my OCD hurt...

The changes didn't come through smoothly on my desktop as the CSS changes didn't pick up and it showed as broken navigation. F5 and/or CTRL+F5 sorted that, but Firefox took a while to wake up.

My Android tablet was still broken and I had to clear the cache for that to pick up the changes.

NB. On Firefox I found the other day I couldn't add a new domain to my basket. Click the button and nothing happens.
The getdotted page also doesn't see me as already logged in and won't let me log in. I used Chrome to successfully register my domain and used the online chat to point out the problem I was having. I believe they could also see the problem so are investigating but I see it's still there today.

I'm seeing lots of warnings like this in my FF console:
"Request to access cookies or storage on “https://secure.freeola.com/ordering/js/rpc-items-count.php?_=1551966927925” was blocked because of custom cookie permission." So if looks like FF doesn't like the Freeola cookie?

@Freeola let me know if you think it's just me or if it should be fixed.
Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 11/03/2019 at 10:13.
Mon 04/03/19 at 14:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
I like the 'new' front page layout ... loads a lot quicker as well :¬)
Thu 10/01/19 at 19:46
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Happy new year all. Just checking in for the occasional nostalgia trip.

I remember seeing your name around Time_Warp!

Anyone in contact with Goatboy, or know anyone who might be?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.