GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Monkeys in games - a history"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/01/01 at 17:15
Regular
It all started with Donkey Kong... and snowballed from there. yes, the monkey - the most celebrated primate in video games. Not only were there countless video games starring the Kongs, but there was also the classic Monkey Island series, Monkey Hero, a fantastic game called Monkey Puncher (it's not as immoral as it sounds) and many more.

Ok, so it's not exactly a long history, I just wanted an excuse to start a topic with the word 'monkey' in it. Please, share your views with me on the earth's greatest hairy ape - the monkey.
Tue 23/01/01 at 23:25
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Ali@specialreserve wrote:
>I just wanted an
> excuse to start a topic with the word 'monkey' in it.

Monkey's eh!

To think we evolved from such animals is absurd! I believe in the whole Genesis 1v1 idea but I mean Monkeys are losers.

Have you ever seen a monkey programme a computer game?! Have you ever seen a monkey fly a plane?!

Monkeys are stupid, they pick their nose and do that stupid thing with their gums! I can't understand why on earth Rare thought up donkey Kong, Couldn't it have been Slimey Fish or Siddy Snake, an animal with something going for it!

The Americans look like monkeys! They all eat food all the time and all seem to make faces! Silly Americans, to think I have to go to New York in Mid Feb! I won't be able to breathe their air, (Toxicatin Gits!)

*cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*

Damn Cough...ruin my gamaday chances will you!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo, I have just got back from work and I read the think about Sega going down the pan....EEK!! Hurry up Nintendo buy the rights, don't let those losers over at Playstation buy them, they will screw Sonic 6 ways from Sunday....

At least Sega had the decency to have a good coloured console! I mean PINK...what was Miyamoto thinking....what a ponse! Kissing his wife' @$$. Can't say I blame him, whatever gets you going but PINK....Not the colour I'd have chosen...

And *mm DVD's eh...Is there any difference between DVD's and CD's, I mean they both play videos and both harness music tracks! I think the whols DVD name idea is a scam! Digital Video Losers! They've had our '78's and now they want to take all our VHS videos! We have GOT to take action, damn philastines (know who they are Ant?!)

Anyway I suppose the topic has strayed a little, and I still think that it would take a nut case like Ali to start off a Monkey Topic, Gamecube X-Box, the furure of gaming but No, We have Monkey's Well I wipe a Monkey's @$$ with this topic...

The GAME

PS: No offense Ali, I am just in one of those Time Gentlemen Please modes...dunno why?! Sorry!
Tue 23/01/01 at 23:25
The excellent Ape Escape on the PS1 has lots of monkeys in it!
Tue 23/01/01 at 23:26
Regular
Monkey aren't we all monkeys with brains?
Tue 23/01/01 at 23:39
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
How about Atic Attack?... Rampage?... Tarzan game?... Jungle Feaver... Jungle... Monkey-Do

And of course ...Tales of the Golden Monkey! (game of the TV program... honest!)
Wed 24/01/01 at 10:10
Regular
"not dead"
The Game wrote:

>Have you ever seen a monkey programme a computer game?!

Sit 1000 monkeys, at 1000 PC's for 1000 years, and soon enough, they'll produce the greatest game ever seen!

The monkeys in the Zelda series were great.

Remember Kiki monkey from LTTP? Didn't you have to follow him somewhere?

And there was a monkey blocking a bridge in LA (not the place, Link's Awekening). You had to find banana's for him, then he left a stick. You gave the stick to Talon, and he hits a tree with it, bees chase him off, so you take the honeycomb, if I remember rightly...
Wed 24/01/01 at 12:53
Actually SNIPER monkeys have brains too!
Thu 25/01/01 at 13:23
Regular
Monkey's need to be popped up.
Thu 25/01/01 at 13:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
A PS2 would cost you more than a monkey if you went out to buy one today.

Sorry.

That's it. I just couldn't continue the topic. I stand defeated in an eloquent sense.
Thu 25/01/01 at 15:15
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got a PSone and a monkey. Does that count for anything?
Thu 25/01/01 at 16:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Can your PS1 peel a banana? Ha! Mine can. I trained it.

I'm having trouble getting my monkey to play Gran Turismo though, can you advise me where to insert the discs?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.