GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£1000"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/04/03 at 03:04
Regular
I been saving £20 a month in a seperate savings account for just over 3 years now. Doesnt seem like much, and i hardly notice it in my monthly spending, but this month i have finally hit £1000 in that account. feels great :)

Just goes to show how little things can make a difference.

This is basically my savings account for me to buy a supercar(well, a VX220/maybe a Astra GSi turbo). Got a while to go yet...And i'm working an extra shift at work over the summer so perhaps i'll start saving £30 a month.
Sun 06/04/03 at 17:03
Regular
aninem wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> *Releases 1000 parrots in celebration*
>
> you do know that parrots cost like about £100, so why did you
> just waste £100 000?
I don't do things half arsed. A momentous occasions like this I go all out.
Sun 06/04/03 at 16:54
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Tribute wrote:
> But seriously, I really hate the concept of money - we should barter
> and trade. Yes, the are both the same, but it is good.

But money is just an organised system of trading. For example, say you were to work in a bakers: would you prefer they paid you in bread or cash? If they paid you in bread you'd have to find someone who wanted bread and had something you wanted. Bread also goes off - you couldn't save with it. With cash there is something constant that everybody recognises the value of.
Sun 06/04/03 at 16:49
Regular
nah its 50 quid u nonce :p
Sun 06/04/03 at 16:30
Regular
§n][pe® wrote:
> I really could of used my 500 quid on a nice Arsenal shirt... with
> vieira on it and Number 4

Bloody hell, never knew arsenal shirts were THAT expensive these days! Guess its the only way Wenger will be able to afford Vieira's wages!

:D
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:05
Regular
"Baros!!!"
4 came out on the Irish lottery again, and luckily I put £2 on it, making me collect £12.

=D
Sun 06/04/03 at 08:26
Regular
"The Red Shift"
have you ever heard about the guy that bought 98 (or so) bags of carrots from a sainsburys. the carrots were 30p or something, with 50% off at one point and then they got reduced to 14p or something. so the carrots cost 14p, but then you take off the 50% off 30p (15p for you idiots) and he gained one or two pence per carrot and all of these bag fulls of carrots payed for his whole shopping. . unbelievably this happened to me with chocolate eclairs, before this story came out and so i didnt realise the possibility at the time. boy i wish i wasnt so tired that day.
Sun 06/04/03 at 08:15
Regular
"\\"
Mystique wrote:
> *Releases 1000 parrots in celebration*

you do know that parrots cost like about £100, so why did you just waste £100 000?
Sun 06/04/03 at 08:12
Regular
"\\"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> impressive, far supiriour to the £16.79 i have saved and will no
> doubt blow in the next week or so. Acctually i have to save it as im
> organising a big trip to Alton Towers in june. Every little helps.

.......... you sure your not going to tesco with a slogan like that?
Sun 06/04/03 at 00:29
Regular
I really could of used my 500 quid on a nice Arsenal shirt... with vieira on it and Number 4 now i have to save up again but instead i'm getting a mind blowing computer o.O
Sun 06/04/03 at 00:19
Regular
*Releases 1000 parrots in celebration*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.