GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"monkey_man in particular..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 17:30
Regular
...how do you cook your bacon? I've always been fascinated at the incredibly different ways people cook bacon; microwaved, fried, heck - even grilled. I just wanted to know some of you peoples' freakish cooking 'skillz'.

Bacon is, after all, the best fried food available ever.

I, of course, fry my bacon; two rashers at a time. I use a drop of extra virgin olive oil for good measure; plop the rashers in and press down on them proper hard with the spatula. It makes them cook all over, not just where it gets bumpy.

And I cook them extra-crispy. Not crunchy-crispy, but so that I don't have to cut off the fat. Then I put them between two slices of bread and smother; not too much, in HP or tomato sauce. I like both, though that's a rare thing in a person.

So, and since I know monkey_man fancies himself as Jamie Oliver sometimes - how do you cook your bacon?
Thu 03/04/03 at 21:17
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Hmm - sauted in its own fatty goodness. Works for me.
Thu 03/04/03 at 16:13
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Gross!! Disgusting!!!
> What happened to cleaning the grillpan as well?

Bit of foil on the top, means it sizzles in its own juice, and stops it dripping in the pan.

No washing up.
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I make bacon under the grill. But when I don't know how to use other people's grills I fry them.
But mostly I just tie the rashers to my ears and parade around Brixton in a bikini.
Thu 03/04/03 at 14:12
Regular
"..."
monkey_man wrote:
>
> Any more than 4 rashers and you automatically are Rik Waller.

Funniest thing you have ever wrote!
Thu 03/04/03 at 10:33
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
BEARDS. wrote:
> I grill mine, just out of habit. The grll is there, I can do the
> entire process without having to wash up anything but the knife,

Gross!! Disgusting!!!
What happened to cleaning the grillpan as well?
Thu 03/04/03 at 09:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
We're all Homosapiens!
Thu 03/04/03 at 09:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Cook it?
I rip strips from live porkers and devour with gusto.
And a big knife

You homos.
Thu 03/04/03 at 09:42
"Darth Vader 3442321"
In a skillet type pan (ridged) that requires no oil. I find that unsomoked bacon is usually the best to cook as it doesn't have the chemical filled water injected into it, to provide a "smoked" taste. The chemicals are for you and the bacon always shrivels up like a toddler's weiner after an hours immersion in the North Atlantic.
Thu 03/04/03 at 09:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I microwave them until they go a bit brown and crispy. Not difficult, just roughly a minute and a half per rasher, but that time reduces the more rashers you add. Tescos started doing this half rasher thing that just throws my whole cooking situation out of line, so I only stick to full rashers.

So my rule of thumb:
1 rasher = 1.5 mins
2 rashers = 3 mins
3 rashers = 4.25 mins
4 rashers = 5 mins

Any more than 4 rashers and you automatically are Rik Waller.
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:10
Regular
"everyone says it"
In beef fat.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.