GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"monkey_man in particular..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 17:30
Regular
...how do you cook your bacon? I've always been fascinated at the incredibly different ways people cook bacon; microwaved, fried, heck - even grilled. I just wanted to know some of you peoples' freakish cooking 'skillz'.

Bacon is, after all, the best fried food available ever.

I, of course, fry my bacon; two rashers at a time. I use a drop of extra virgin olive oil for good measure; plop the rashers in and press down on them proper hard with the spatula. It makes them cook all over, not just where it gets bumpy.

And I cook them extra-crispy. Not crunchy-crispy, but so that I don't have to cut off the fat. Then I put them between two slices of bread and smother; not too much, in HP or tomato sauce. I like both, though that's a rare thing in a person.

So, and since I know monkey_man fancies himself as Jamie Oliver sometimes - how do you cook your bacon?
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:30
Regular
"¬_¬"
...how do you cook your bacon? I've always been fascinated at the incredibly different ways people cook bacon; microwaved, fried, heck - even grilled. I just wanted to know some of you peoples' freakish cooking 'skillz'.

Bacon is, after all, the best fried food available ever.

I, of course, fry my bacon; two rashers at a time. I use a drop of extra virgin olive oil for good measure; plop the rashers in and press down on them proper hard with the spatula. It makes them cook all over, not just where it gets bumpy.

And I cook them extra-crispy. Not crunchy-crispy, but so that I don't have to cut off the fat. Then I put them between two slices of bread and smother; not too much, in HP or tomato sauce. I like both, though that's a rare thing in a person.

So, and since I know monkey_man fancies himself as Jamie Oliver sometimes - how do you cook your bacon?
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:36
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I grill mine, just out of habit. The grll is there, I can do the entire process without having to wash up anything but the knife, and it makes good bacon just crispy on the fat as I like it.

Then it goes in a sandwich, preferrably with brown bread and Daddies Brown Sauce. Or occasionally with cheese.
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:37
Regular
"QPR 1974"
George Foreman's Lean Mean Fat reducing Grilling machine!
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:43
"possibly impossible"
Sfone wrote:
> George Foreman's Lean Mean Fat reducing Grilling machine!

Hey, me too! Then wholemeal bread, Olivo spread and some daddys sauce (brown, of course).
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:46
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Its the way of the future :D

George Foreman - Mediocre Boxer, Excellent choice of product endorsement :-)
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Festivus!"
Yes, Foreman's Bacon is the hottest in town!

Damn that Ribena advert.
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:57
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Should I buy one? I could spare the cash and I like both gadgets and bacon.
Wed 02/04/03 at 18:58
Regular
"QPR 1974"
BEARDS. wrote:
> Should I buy one? I could spare the cash and I like both gadgets and
> bacon.

YES!!!!!
Wed 02/04/03 at 19:00
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Go and find me one at a nice price online then.
Wed 02/04/03 at 19:04
Regular
"QPR 1974"
I got mine from QVC... are you looking for the regular size one, or one of those huge mutha BBQ machines. The regular one also warms the bread... HOW COOL! :D

I think Argos sell them, shouldn't cost more than £20 (for a regular sized one), unless you intend to get ripped off like some sort of rip off machine, whatever.

yeh, try Argos, if not... erm... QVC.co.uk maybe? :s

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.