GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/07/05 at 17:57
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
They say that the PS3 is backwards compatible correct and it comes with a removable hard drive. All the PS1 and PS2 saved games are on memory cards. As far as I can tell, there is no memory card port on the PS3, does any one know if there is one, and will you be able to save PS1 and PS2 games on the hard drive?
Fri 05/08/05 at 10:51
Regular
"Mozzy"
Well thats good, because the Memory Sticks have much more space on them.
Fri 05/08/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Seeing as Square-Enix are now hinting [URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36877&subsectionid=1584[/URL] that the Final Fantasy series will no longer be exclusive to Sony in the next generation of consoles, I now have absolutely no worries about wondering whether or not my existing FF saves can be transferred to the PS3, as I'll continue playing them on the PS2 and will be getting an XBox360 to play FFXIII and onwards on.

(Unless there's a major announcement meantime that sways me back to the PS3, which there probably will be, usually is...).
Fri 05/08/05 at 14:11
"High polygon count"
Man, how crap is GamesRadar?!

I'm trying to download some video clips, and I'm getting about 10k a second on a 2Mb connection! It reckoned it was going to take over an hour to download a 50Mb video clip, so I cancelled it.
Fri 05/08/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yeh, I bloody hate Gamesradar when it comes to Video clips. But for everything else they are quite good, like keeping up-to-date.

I always check their site for PSP news as they seem to have it first.
Fri 05/08/05 at 22:53
Regular
"8==="
Tiny hard drive that has to be bought separately?

Pfft.

Also it's not very wise to screw about with backwards compatibility - back catalogues are useful things.

Suppose it will extend the PS2's shelf-life even more though.
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:50
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Kilgore Trout wrote:

>
> But none of this really matters, because if rumours are to be
> believed the PS3 won't be out here till '07 and will cost a million
> billion pounds anyway.

See Xbox 360 with Prey a much wiser choice!
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:52
"High polygon count"
jerocks9 wrote:
> See Xbox 360 with Prey a much wiser choice!

It might serve as a stop-gap until PS3 and Killzone 2. ;-)
Sat 06/08/05 at 00:57
Regular
"8==="
Which is currently just FMV.
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:01
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Sony fan boy and his Killzone! How much of a let down was the 1st? I was so looking forward to it and when i got it i felt like i bent over and took it like a man! Same old story with Sony. Personally they need to pull out alot of stops if im going to get a PS3.
Sat 06/08/05 at 01:11
"High polygon count"
But an accurate representation of what they can achieve, according to the developer.

The first footage of GT3 was only FMV, and everyone said "you won't get graphics like that on PS2". But they did. And GT4 is better still.

What I've seen of the 360 is good. Given that PS3 is more powerful still, there's every likelyhood that Killzone will look at least as good as the FMV.

Anyway, as I said elsewhere, the Unreal Engine 3 demo was a real demo, and looks at least as good as anything on 360.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.