GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broken PS2 - Help!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 19:00
Regular
I think my ps2 is broken as it keeps making weird noises and it ocassionally says cannot read disk. It has also damaged two disks when I tried to play them. This used to happen very rarely but now happens all the time. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? Will it be covered under the sony 1 year warranty and will they replace the damaged disks? Please Help
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:24
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I think I have a bias TV at work. It's a Sony (nice big one) let me set up PS2 no problem but I just bought a gamecube and it will not let me set it up either directly through the front or scarted through the back!
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:23
Regular
Totoro wrote:
> There's a lesson here somewhere. I think it's buy Nintedo in the
> future if you want a reliable console.

Already got one thanks. :)
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Totoro wrote:
> There's a lesson here somewhere. I think it's buy Nintedo in the
> future if you want a reliable console.
---

There's always one isn't there?
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:10
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Gamecube's are also significantly harder to take apart, though I managed that one without a repair bill thankfully :)
Thu 27/03/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
There's a lesson here somewhere. I think it's buy Nintedo in the future if you want a reliable console.
Thu 27/03/03 at 11:56
Regular
Boomshine wrote:
> I think my ps2 is broken as it keeps making weird noises and it
> ocassionally says cannot read disk. It has also damaged two disks when
> I tried to play them.

This is happend to me aswell, it has wrecked my beloved Fifa 2003, i rang Sony up this morning and they are going to replace the PS2 for me, don't know about the game though :(
Thu 27/03/03 at 11:55
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Plently of places that'll fix the hardware if its damaged. I've used one and would recommend... but they sell games too, don't want to step on SRs toes.

I took my PS2 apart (I take pretty much everything apart, just to see) and damaged the laser. Was screwing back on onto of the teeny screws when it got attracted to the laser (magnatised) and zipped off the end of the screw driver. Lovely £80 repair bill...
Thu 27/03/03 at 09:39
Regular
"lag finder general"
just bin it it's crap!!!
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:30
Regular
"Not so distant"
Boomshine wrote:

> Hmmmm it seemed like a good at the time

A good idea
Wed 26/03/03 at 19:21
Regular
"Not so distant"
mikelar wrote:
> I doubt they'd replace the
> disks because, even after your computer wrecked the first disk, you
> put another one in!

Hmmmm it seemed like a good at the time

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.