GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broken PS2 - Help!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/03/03 at 19:00
Regular
I think my ps2 is broken as it keeps making weird noises and it ocassionally says cannot read disk. It has also damaged two disks when I tried to play them. This used to happen very rarely but now happens all the time. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? Will it be covered under the sony 1 year warranty and will they replace the damaged disks? Please Help
Fri 28/03/03 at 11:08
Regular
Lige wrote:
> What exacly is wrong... is the conroler not working? If so open it and
> check the connection. Or just send it to me if you don't want it ;)

You didn't read the original message did you?
Fri 28/03/03 at 01:20
Regular
What exacly is wrong... is the conroler not working? If so open it and check the connection. Or just send it to me if you don't want it ;)
Thu 27/03/03 at 18:20
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Manta wrote:
> It depends whether you consider having a broken PS2 a bad thing.

A comedian are we?
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:41
Regular
It depends whether you consider having a broken PS2 a bad thing.
Thu 27/03/03 at 17:24
Regular
"^_^"
Kick the piece of junk! :P
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:40
Regular
if you dont get any help with sony try posting on www.psxforums.co.uk
they can help you the know everything to do with playstation 2's
Thu 27/03/03 at 16:38
Regular
"Gtag=NOTORIOUS JCP"
bortthemule wrote:
> just bin it it's crap!!!

i'm with you on that one!
Thu 27/03/03 at 15:59
Regular
Totoro wrote:
> Well, in my vast experience in gaming, my NES, SNES, GBC, N64, GBA, GC
> and even my old Game & Watch have been 100% reliable, whereas my
> PSone died not too long after I bought it, and I'm always reading
> about people's PS2s conking out.
> It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to see the facts present themselves
> quite clearly.

Just to reiterate that point, my brother's SNES, original Game Boy, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance work fine. My ZX Spectrum 128k +2 and 48k +, my Dreamcast, my Game Boy Color, my Game Boy Advance, my GameCube and even my Xbox all work perfectly.

My brother's PS2 however, doesn't like DVDs or PSone games despite being designed to play them...

I wonder who spends the most on quality control.....
Thu 27/03/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Come on, blowing the dust out of SNES/NES cartridges, that was annoying. So was finding my Jack Nicholson Golf cart and reaming of those hazy days of NES golfing brilliance only to find it didn't work anymore. WHY DO YOU MOCK ME CRUEL FATE???
Thu 27/03/03 at 12:24
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Well, in my vast experience in gaming, my NES, SNES, GBC, N64, GBA, GC and even my old Game & Watch have been 100% reliable, whereas my PSone died not too long after I bought it, and I'm always reading about people's PS2s conking out.
It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to see the facts present themselves quite clearly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.