GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Nintendo Becoming Lazy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/01 at 22:22
Regular
It seems to me that Nintendo are becoming a bit lazy in terms of the GameBoy games.
For the GBColor, you had games like Zelda DX, Tetris DX, Mario Bros DX, etc... Admittedly they are great games, but at the end of it all, they are just color updates.

Now with the GBAdvance, we are getting games like Mario Advance (based on a fifteen year old game that was even a Mario game), Mario Kart Advance, and F-Zero advance.

I have to stress that I do not think for one moment that they are bad games, it's just that I want Nintendo to come up with new ideas and games.

When are we ever going to see the true Super Mario Land 3?

Nintendo are known and respected worldwide for their innovation, so a little more effort with GBAdvance games wouldn't go amiss.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
SNIPER wrote:
> How will they have a tough time when their build up to the console
> is more organised.

More organised?? The development problem was WAAAAAY over inflated, the launch games were actually pretty good, and the GameCube won't be out for around a year, so how do you know whether they're organised or not??

Also, the PS2 is doing great at the moment.

SNIPER, I see you being biased on the PS2 forum. Disappointed, I am.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:02
Regular
"everyone says it"
I believe Nintendo Have one major advantage over Sony.

That is They will have an AMAZING game at launch and not 1 year after!
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:57
Regular
How will they have a tough time when their build up to the console is more organised.
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
SonicRav wrote:
> Nintendo are actually trying harder than ever to stop Sony
> dominating the market again. The effect of this is that Nintendo
> will have to take workers from GBA development, and stick them on GC
> development. The fact the GBA has no competitor that stands a chance
> means they can do this.

SonicRav

They'll have a tough time stopping Sony.

Be ready for a war!! Hopefully, all this will bring out the best in all companies.
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:40
Regular
"everyone says it"
I second that!!

Well put!!

I argee!
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:37
Nintendo are working hard on the GameCube and GameboyAdvance at present, both of which are going to be hot machines.
The 32 bit Advance will be a particularly sought after machine, especially since it has no real competition and judging on the quality of SNES and N64 games the games will be great too. The Advance will probably retail at around £99 when released here, although you should be able to get one cheaper on import. Plus as there will be no region restriction on the Advance games then youll also be able to play Japanese and American Advance games too aswell as exsisting GB and GB color games. You should also be able to use it as a limited controller on the Gamecube, and the LCD screen means youll be able to see things on your Advance your opponent cant..and Nintendo are sure to put in more little features to please us.
As for the Gamecube well its going to be the most powerful console in the world, and will probably retail at about £199 when its released. Plus as Nintendo always release their consoles with groundbreaking games (eg Mario64 on the N64) it will be a super launch day. Im particularly looking forward to Perfect Dark 2: After Dark, which will surely be one of the games to own. Plus as the Gamecube will have 4 ports as standard (unlike the PS2) then there should be alot of great multiplayer games on this machine as with the N64. Plus with the release of Microsofts X-box looking like slipping till 2002, then Im sure 2001 will be Nintendos year.
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:31
Regular
"everyone says it"
They aint last, they had the BEST ever profit intake for any compant in the industry last year!!

That aint being last!
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:28
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
We hope indeed! Sega did, so nintendo should... mind you, they've made one mistake being last!

SonicRav
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:19
Regular
"everyone says it"
The er-no was not to u SonicRav it was to SNIPER.
Ur point is very good, I think Nintendo have realized there mistakes and are trying to take control again.

I Hope
Sat 20/01/01 at 20:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
er-no

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.