GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Nintendo Becoming Lazy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/01 at 22:22
Regular
It seems to me that Nintendo are becoming a bit lazy in terms of the GameBoy games.
For the GBColor, you had games like Zelda DX, Tetris DX, Mario Bros DX, etc... Admittedly they are great games, but at the end of it all, they are just color updates.

Now with the GBAdvance, we are getting games like Mario Advance (based on a fifteen year old game that was even a Mario game), Mario Kart Advance, and F-Zero advance.

I have to stress that I do not think for one moment that they are bad games, it's just that I want Nintendo to come up with new ideas and games.

When are we ever going to see the true Super Mario Land 3?

Nintendo are known and respected worldwide for their innovation, so a little more effort with GBAdvance games wouldn't go amiss.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:17
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Of course the GC is out this year....I mean Nintendo's word is like gold...you know it's worth loads, and er...I'll think of a second one!

The gamecube will be good, I bet quite a few 'was going to get a PS2 but now i realise they suck' people will get one!

The Game

I am not Console-ist, I just prefer Nintendo! Lol.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:17
Regular
*Grix signs at the stupidity of everyone except himself*

Look. We can have both machines. We can live in harmony. I don't give a rats bottom if Ant wants a PS2 more than a Gamecube. I want a Gamecube, and that's all that matters. And it WILL be released this year. I promise you.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:16
Regular
Nope there Nintendo UK now, since the Game Ltd have lost the rights. So it's this year, and they say that.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
SNIPER wrote:
> I didn't say they can't be consoles to get. And GC is out this year!

*Ant sighs again*

You don't know that yet.

Rare set a launch date for PDark, and a couple of months later, it finally came out.

I would use another example, but I can see me getting some stupid replies.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:12
Regular
I didn't say they can't be consoles to get. And GC is out this year!
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:11
Regular
"I like cheese"
SNIPER wrote:
> This year. It's good news for us Nintendo fans at least we'll have a
> console that can save us from the PS2 madness.
It will be a fresh
> new start of Nintendo next gen era.

*Ant sighs*

Why should't both Sony and Nintendo do well??
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:09
Regular
This year. It's good news for us Nintendo fans at least we'll have a console that can save us from the PS2 madness.
It will be a fresh new start of Nintendo next gen era.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
ortega wrote:
> gamecube aint coming out this year is it?

It is, supposedly.

I'm betting on Jan-Feb 2002, though.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:08
Regular
Yes it is. October-November.
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:06
Regular
gamecube aint coming out this year is it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.