GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are Nintendo Becoming Lazy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/01 at 22:22
Regular
It seems to me that Nintendo are becoming a bit lazy in terms of the GameBoy games.
For the GBColor, you had games like Zelda DX, Tetris DX, Mario Bros DX, etc... Admittedly they are great games, but at the end of it all, they are just color updates.

Now with the GBAdvance, we are getting games like Mario Advance (based on a fifteen year old game that was even a Mario game), Mario Kart Advance, and F-Zero advance.

I have to stress that I do not think for one moment that they are bad games, it's just that I want Nintendo to come up with new ideas and games.

When are we ever going to see the true Super Mario Land 3?

Nintendo are known and respected worldwide for their innovation, so a little more effort with GBAdvance games wouldn't go amiss.
Fri 19/01/01 at 22:22
It seems to me that Nintendo are becoming a bit lazy in terms of the GameBoy games.
For the GBColor, you had games like Zelda DX, Tetris DX, Mario Bros DX, etc... Admittedly they are great games, but at the end of it all, they are just color updates.

Now with the GBAdvance, we are getting games like Mario Advance (based on a fifteen year old game that was even a Mario game), Mario Kart Advance, and F-Zero advance.

I have to stress that I do not think for one moment that they are bad games, it's just that I want Nintendo to come up with new ideas and games.

When are we ever going to see the true Super Mario Land 3?

Nintendo are known and respected worldwide for their innovation, so a little more effort with GBAdvance games wouldn't go amiss.
Fri 19/01/01 at 22:40
Are you new? Nice topic.
Fri 19/01/01 at 23:29
I'm not new. I just haven't posted for ages.
Sat 20/01/01 at 00:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Dunno about lazy. I think if there is anything nintendo are guilty of at the moment its milking the Pokemon license too much. Obviously if you have a popular title you sell more to do with it, but i think nintendo are relying on it too much.

Nintendo are better than that and need to start doing a lot more different projects gamewise. Afterall, with the gamecube coming, people are gonna want more than a mario, zelda and numourous pokemon titles.

Sat 20/01/01 at 01:46
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Apart from PokeMon... ALL the best GBC games are remakes of C64/Amiga/NES games!?!?!
Sat 20/01/01 at 12:36
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Actually, Nintendo are trying harder than ever to make the Gamecube far more successful. I expect that with the GBA bound to sell well whatever games it has on it, Nintendo's top teams will be working flat out on new Mario, Zelda and Metroid games.

SonicRav
Sat 20/01/01 at 13:33
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
GameBoy is the only reason Nintnedo are still around... surly there going to be trying to make sure the GBA doesnt sink?
Sat 20/01/01 at 15:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> GameBoy is the only reason Nintnedo are still around... surly there
> going to be trying to make sure the GBA doesnt sink?

Exactly... If it wasn't for the GB Nintendo would be dead. The reason is that the N64 is pretty much dead. Nintendo want to make sure they have a bit more security in the next generation, and will try to recapture the console market. As for the GBA, Nintendo's decision to make old game updates means that there is less work involoved (=more time for GC development), and they can have a sound line up at launch. After all, the GBA will sell well anyway, so why not just stick old mario games there?

SonicRav
Sat 20/01/01 at 16:59
Regular
If Mario advance is simply Super Mario 2 then Nintendo are Lazy and Greedy.

What's wrong with putting Mario All Stars on there?

(Mario 1-3 + Lost levels).

They'd better not charge more than £25 a game or I'll be buying a cheaper handheld!
Sat 20/01/01 at 18:43
Regular
Just cos games are old it doesn't mean they aren't good!

I still play ZX Spectrum games!

Nintendo aren't lazy! And they aren't dying out! Neither are Sega!

The N64 is just becomming obsolete like all consoles eventually do! Just like the original Gameboy! When the GB Pocket came out everyone stopped buying the old Gameboys because the Pocket systems were smaller and clearer!

Nintendo being lazy? If that's the case then why are they making and releasing TWO new consoles? Also, there are plenty of new games for the Gameboy! It's just that everyone is too afraid to try them! Like Dragon Warrior Monsters! Brand new game made by the same people who made the ugly Lara Croft games (but that's another topic)!

So what's lazy about making better versions of classics? you usually get new levels and better graphics! And usually even more gameplay! F-Zero was much better on the N64 than the SNES and it might even be even more better on the GBA!

You mentioned Super Mario Land 3. The real Super Mario Land 3 was Wario Land!

That's more NEW games for the GBC! Wario Land 2 and Wario Land 3!

Plus there are 2 new Zelda games coming out for the GBC!

Nintendo are not lazy! They make their own games unlike a certain company who relies on 3rd party developers! Aren't Sony the lazy ones? They couldn't even think of a new name for their new console! They didn't even design an original controller!

Nintendo are more busy then you could ever imagine! Especially the game-god Shigsy! He's working really hard to make games for the Gamecubes release!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.