GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What films are you looking forward to?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/01 at 10:26
Regular
Just wondering, which filmd due for release in 2001 (or delayed until 2002 probably) are you be looking forward to?

I'm quite looking forward to the Spiderman movie! Apparently they've had a few problems with scripts and the like, but these have hopefully been ironed out, and it should be great!

Also looking forward to Lord Of The Rings, as I loved the books when I read them a few years back.

And because I'm really, really sad, I am looking forward most to the arrival of the latest in the Friday the 13th series, Jason X! Apparently it's set in the future, and Jason somehow gets on board a spaceship. It has class written all over it ;-)

I shall not be going anywhere near the Tomb Raider movie.
Fri 19/01/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Whatever!"
Loads of films I am looking forward to in the very near future: Tomb Raider, Spiderman, Star Wars Episode II, Matrix 2,3, Final Fantasy, Spiderman, Friday the 13th X, Jason v Freddy, Halloween H2K (working title!!).

There are some great movies coming to DVD soon aswell such as Scream 3, X Men, What Lies Beneath, etc...
Fri 19/01/01 at 17:44
I`m looking forward to Star Wars Episode II and and the new Star Trek Film, anyone know the word on the X-Men sequels?
Fri 19/01/01 at 15:31
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
I forgot about James Bond 20 (2002).

I'm not sure when Final Fantasy is released but that'll be added to one of the lists.
Fri 19/01/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
The Spider-man movie will be a Summer 2002 blockbuster. The script problems you mentioned were to do with several very different versions being under consideration. As far as I know they are almost finalised and the main baddie (if not the only one) in the film looks like being the Green Goblin and not, as originally intended, Dr Octopus (shame but maybe the sequel....).

The next couple of years look like being full of superhero films, what with Spider-man, X-men 2, The Fantastic Four, a new Superman and so on.

As for this year Lord of the Rings is the one for me - 41 million hits on the updated official site over the first weekend is some guarantee of success. After meaning to for ages I'm finaly reading the books at the moment (just starting The Return of the King). I've always been a big fan of any sort of fantasy adventure film (that's probably why I like fantasy RPGs so much). We haven't had any proper fantasy films even remotely like this for ages (the nearest I can think of is Dragonheart and that's just because there's a dragon in it). Most of the older ones seem to be 'family films' like Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal and The Neverending Story (all films I love). There is a film called Dungeons & Dragons on the way next month but it's based on the game and not the cartoon series (*sob*). It looks quite good to me and, since it's been almost universally panned by critics in America, it's probably REALLY good!

Then there's Jurassic Park 3 which will put my trilogy theory to the test again (although it's already been shown up as a drunken, unjustifiable comment). Don't know much about this one but it's not Speilberg this time and I don't think it's based on a book (unlike the other two).

Disneys The Emperors New Groove (about an Emperor who, after an attempt to poison him goes wrong, ends up turning into a llama) looks really good as well. Not sure what else they have planned for the year though.

That's about it for me. Quite a sparse year for blockbusters really, a bit like last year. 2002 will be a blockbuster frenzy what with The Two Towers (or Lord of the Rings part 2 for the beginners), Spider-man, Star Wars: Episode 2, The Matrix 2, Star Trek 10, Terminator 3, The Fantastic Four, True Lies 2, The Tortoise and the Hare (by Aardman Animation - Chicken Run?) and Treasure Planet (Disneys futuristic take on the treasure island story) as well as all of the ones that I haven't come across (and those that aren't sequels!).

Let the good times roll!

By the way, don't have a go at me if some slip into 2003 - these are only provisional releases.
Fri 19/01/01 at 11:23
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
That's an easy one - the Matrix sequels :)

-- Steve --
Fri 19/01/01 at 10:26
Regular
"not dead"
Just wondering, which filmd due for release in 2001 (or delayed until 2002 probably) are you be looking forward to?

I'm quite looking forward to the Spiderman movie! Apparently they've had a few problems with scripts and the like, but these have hopefully been ironed out, and it should be great!

Also looking forward to Lord Of The Rings, as I loved the books when I read them a few years back.

And because I'm really, really sad, I am looking forward most to the arrival of the latest in the Friday the 13th series, Jason X! Apparently it's set in the future, and Jason somehow gets on board a spaceship. It has class written all over it ;-)

I shall not be going anywhere near the Tomb Raider movie.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.