GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What films are you looking forward to?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/01/01 at 10:26
Regular
Just wondering, which filmd due for release in 2001 (or delayed until 2002 probably) are you be looking forward to?

I'm quite looking forward to the Spiderman movie! Apparently they've had a few problems with scripts and the like, but these have hopefully been ironed out, and it should be great!

Also looking forward to Lord Of The Rings, as I loved the books when I read them a few years back.

And because I'm really, really sad, I am looking forward most to the arrival of the latest in the Friday the 13th series, Jason X! Apparently it's set in the future, and Jason somehow gets on board a spaceship. It has class written all over it ;-)

I shall not be going anywhere near the Tomb Raider movie.
Mon 22/01/01 at 12:12
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
SmokedKipper,

I know of a website that already has What Lies Beneath in stock and is currently shipping. I usually get the new US releases a good few weeks before they hit the streets officially over there.

I've already got Me, Myself & Irene and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

March is a good month for Region 1 DVD's. We got Charlie's Angels, The Sixth Day and Meet The Parents scheduled for release. I'd expect to get these in late-February though.

Region 1 leads they way...

-- Steve --
Sun 21/01/01 at 22:07
Regular
AS regards Spiderman, things are now well on track. The script has been finalised, costume sorted, Stan the Man Lee happy, and shooting well on the way. Whilst it is very unlikely that this will see light this year, they are keen to get the acting shooting ASAP, in order the avoid the screen guild strike. Admittedly, the post production will take a very long time, as is usually the case for high special effects films.
Sam Raimi is the director, and this could be the interesting part. He has a hotch potch of films to his name, including Darkman and The Quick and The Dead. Hmmm..
Not too sure how he'll do. However, I think that the film industry is realising the popularity for darker comic adaptions. Such as the original Batman, and to some extent X-Men. Combining this with good, and true to the comic, character development generally works. Of course there has to be a strong bad guy too, otherwise it's just a bad action flick (later Arnie action films seem to be along these lines). From what I've seen from Sam, he has his dark side but he did direct the Quick and the Dead, and that's almost unforgiveable.
The good thing about Spiderman is that there are no massive stars, which means they have to deliver a good film. With rising new stars, who can act, in some of the main roles it is evry promising. Remember X-Men had loads of problems with scripts and various drafts and so on. I read some of the early X-Men drafts, including one done by some Sci-Fi writer who didn't know much about X-Men. Some really stank!
Sun 21/01/01 at 20:06
I'd be surprised if Spiderman was released this year....After the massive casting problems, budget arguments not to mention Stan Lee's total veto on the Spiderman costume itself (he insisted it be true to the comic - Red and Blue, and not the Black Symbiote they originally wanted to use) I doubt the movie will meet the hype. There have only been a few classic comic to screen conversions, such as the first Batman ( by Tim Burton)Blade, the highly camp Superman (why hasn't that been released on DVD yet?) The Crow (forget the cash in rubbish that was City of Angels)X-Men and Unbreakable (now that is a top movie)

Forthcoming movies to look out for in my opinion will be Matrix 2 (with Jet Lee) Dracula 2000 (directed by Wes Craven no less) and Almost Famous (Cameron Crowes latest movie)

As for DVD, the sooner the UK gets as good a deal as the USA the better it will be for the format!!! At the moment we are getting stitched up with a £19.99 CD with a couple of trailers on it!! How can that represent good value? Many of the DVD's launched in the States have actor interviews, deleted scenes, making of's and more. I don't believe that the UK distributors are bound by red tape, I just think we are backwards when it comes to adopting new technology and they don't feel the format warrants any extra investment. Have a look at the UK version of Seven and then the US version (platinum)They get added scenes, directors cut, alternate ending and more...we get...a trailer for a movie we have just watched!!

Only Gladiator, MI2, Fight Club and a few others have addressed this balance (all great movies with fablous extras) When will the movie industry wake up and realise that DVD is the new VHS and give us something worth owning!!!

Ok, rant over, at least we get Snatch (Guy Ritchies latest) on DVD before the yanks even see it in on general release and it is a two disc special with loadsa extras.

Answer that and stay fashionable!
Sun 21/01/01 at 18:50
One of the best movies i'm looking forward to on DVD is Scary Movie.Scary Movie turned out what I thought it to be; a halerious movie with people getting killed off in wacky ways and silly parodies of recent horror movies!Scary Movie is a spoof of the recent horror movie, Scream. Throw in a little of "I know what you did last summer", "The Matrix", "Sixth Sense", "Blair Witch Project", and you get one of most halerious comedies of the year!!If you've seen Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer, then you know the entire plot of Scary Movie.I think one needs to go into this movie completely open minded and game for anything gross and funny, at the same time! It does have loads of truly hilarious parts.In closing, Scary Movie is fun. It's a good spoof film with alot of humor, whether gross or just plain funny!!
Sat 20/01/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Whatever!"
Forgot about the sequel to Silence of the Lambs - Hannibal - Whether it will be any good or not will have to wait and see!!
Sat 20/01/01 at 21:14
Harry Potter!
Fri 19/01/01 at 22:46
Regular
Final Fantasy should be this summer, or probably autumn here. Another sequel that loks good is Blade 2, and the Mummy is romping out sequels like no-one's business. The Mummy 2 talks of a Scorpion King (though he is just an aside, he has his own film, surprisingly called The Scorpion King!) who is played by that wrestling goon, The Rock!
Spiderman should be pretty good, with Kirsten Dunst (hmmmm) as Mary Jane, Willem Dafoe as the Green Goblin too. You can see the spidey costume if you pop over to filmforce.ign.com, apparently its a make-up of real and digital images to make on shiny suit.
Dungeons & Dragons might be worth a peek, although its not based on the cartoon (dag nammit), but the game, all very beardy and wizardy, but could be fun.
There are also a shedload of other Stan Lee films in production, including Ironfist, with the dude himself, Ray Park (that guy rules).
Star Trek 10 looks like its warming up well also, they are currently drafting scripts. We are supposed to be in for a big shock, and a new nasty bad dude. Apparently a big crew member dies, and I've heard it might be Data.
This year could be a fantastic year for films. I don't know about you, but I found that last year had a couple of great films (X-Men, Gladiator), and the rest was all a bit pants.
Fri 19/01/01 at 19:22
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
> And the rumoured films: Men in Black 2, Ghostbusters 3 etc

Men in Black 2 is definitely confirmed and Ghostbusters 3 is currently on the 'quite likely' pile.

> There are some great movies coming to DVD soon aswell
> such as Scream 3, X Men, What Lies Beneath, etc...

What Lies Beneath is out on the 30th of this month and the other two have been out a while. Ooops, there I go again, forgetting that these are Region 1 releases. Surely I'm not the only one here with a multiregion player?

Come on, splash out on a new player or ideally a cheap-ish software upgrade (which isn't illegal and doesn't void your warrenty). SR sell an LG-3200 for £165 which, although not nearly as good as the 3350, is a much better machine than the Encore and is still a good multiregion machine (yes, multiregion, despite what the site and catalogue says) in it's own right and at a bargain price.

The Dreamcast/DVD bundle would be a lot better if it was this player it came with.
Fri 19/01/01 at 18:29
Regular
"Whatever!"
More endless sequels, Jurassic Park III and Terminator 3!!
Fri 19/01/01 at 18:20
And the rumoured films: Men in Black 2, Ghostbusters 3 etc (hmm, all sequels)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.