GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Teleporting possible?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/03/03 at 01:32
Regular
I was just thinking, I know this sounds quite weird but at the start of most games the characters of the games are just there and you start playing, or sometimes before you see a pointless clip which helps in no way, but how do your characters get there, and depending on what game you play, you would definetely need an explanation for how they managed to get to a strange place. This even counts on the switch of levels, the level you just complete could have been in the jungle then the next on the rooftop of new york city rooftops, I think there cold be more explaning in that area, sorry if you rad this and thought it was rubbish and a waste of time, but i just wanted to say what i think of the games, andalso here peoples responses to there thougts on what i tink about this, thanks for youre time.
Mon 17/03/03 at 14:20
Regular
I thought I also saw some thing about an atom being teleported. But I thought one of the problems was that it duplicates the object in the process. So you have the original and a copy.
Mon 17/03/03 at 13:39
"Darkness, always"
Energy isn't a problem if we master anti-matter as a source...
Mon 17/03/03 at 13:37
Regular
"I ush!"
mäddmuñ wrote:
> If teleporting was possible, then wouldn't you just teleport to where
> you neede to go, instead of travelling to it on foot?
>
> Oh, and teleporting IS possible. SOme Aussies teleported a laser beam
> 3 feet away or something.

The Aussies didn't teleport a laser beam, although that is how the media covered it. They took a laser beam, took in to piece, destroyed all the pieces and recreated them in another place.

Sci-fi often preceeds reality, and this is the generally accepted way teleporters are meant to work. This raises lots of questions about what makes you you, but there are also scientific arguments that consciousness is a result of random errors in your brain. If you were destroyed, and an exact replica reconstructed elsewhere, would that still be you?

I think the magnet thing is to do with creating artificial wormholes, but there are extremely unstable and collapse if anything enters them. Oh, and take a equivalent amount of energy as released by an exploding star.
Mon 17/03/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
But didn't Willy Wonka manage to teleport Mike Teevee using his WonkaVision device all those years ago, or is film & TV lying to me yet again?
Mon 17/03/03 at 13:29
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
I'm a single atom...
Mon 17/03/03 at 13:29
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It's true - they've managed to teleport tiny objects over a very short space.

By "tiny" I mean atom sized.
Mon 17/03/03 at 13:15
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Allegedly, I heard that science is working on this, and have managed to do it, though they can only teleport a single atom...
Mon 17/03/03 at 12:52
"Darkness, always"
It is theoretically possible to teleport material directly from one place to another instantly using incredibly powerful magnets to warp space.

Of course, whether or not somebody could survive the process is another matter entirely.
Mon 17/03/03 at 12:47
"The Will of D."
Robin wrote:
> In the future when they bring teleporting out in to every day life, it
> would rock, you could put one by your tv, and one by the toilet, then
> just pee through the transporter and into the toilet...

um that wouldn't work with trasporters you see on Star trek.
Sun 16/03/03 at 17:39
"For the horde!!!!"
On Tomb raider or a few other games you have to pull a switch or find a key to open a door that's been sealed off for a few Centurys but once you enter it two healthy well feed lions attack you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.