GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slipknot"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 19:51
Regular
Does anyone want to hold a discussion with me about Slipknot?
I think Slipknot are awesome, and I'm tired of trendies who put them down all the time because they shout rather than sing properly. I think that all of the members are very talented, especially Joey Jordison who, in my opinion, is the best drummer in the WORLD!! I think that Mick and Jim are excellent guitarists, and the other two percussionists are cool as well....so is Sid :)
I think all of the songs they have released are excellent, especially Left Behind, that's always been a fav of mine.
I picked up the Disasterpieces DVD a month ago and I've been watching it non-stop every since. I think it's awesome, it's crazy!
All of the songs they perform are superior to any band I've ever seen live. They've got so much energy live it's unbelieveable. I've got both albums now and I think that both are phenominal, I listen to them all the time because nearly all the songs on each album are good.
My favourite songs are Purity because I like the chorus, Eyeless because I like the verses and it's speed, I am Hated and Spit it Out because the verses are very fast and I think Corey is good at singing fast. I also now like Disasterpieces because on the DVD they perform it really well. There's an excellent shot of the two guitarists in the Heretic Anthem and the two solos (Sid-DJ and Joey-Drums) are just mesmorizing. I definetely recommend the DVD to any Slipknot fans out there. I've just recently seen them unmasked from some images I downloaded from Kazaa, I think that Shawn looks a lot different to what I expected. He kind of reminds me of the Comic Book guy in the Simpsons but with the mask on and performing on the drums he seems totally different and really crazy.
I also think that they shouldn't split up after the next album (that's what the rumours are) because I think that as a band over the last few years they've just got better and better, and they deserve more fame for being daring enough to challenge all music fans with their style of music. Slipknot are definetely one of the best rock bands around and I hope we see more of them for a while. My favourite members are Corey and Jim because they are also in Stone Sour, another favourite band of mine.

As you can see I'm a bit of a fan and I would love to talk to someone about them :)

Pheew, I'm tired lol
Sun 16/03/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Spunkeh Monkeh"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Slipknot - Stupid idiots who like halloween too much and dance around
> in stupid masks thinking they're hard nuts when I would box the crap
> out of all of them. They cannot sing, just shout into the microphone
> and you cant understand what they're on about. The bass players and
> guitarists are quite talented and can play some complex tunes.
> Personally I think they look like goons and dont find their music
> appealing but everyone to their own eh!

What the hell? That last sentence doesn't even make sense! Explain biyatch!
Sun 16/03/03 at 18:49
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
If you are talking about the self-titled album, I kinda agree with you. The first 10 songs are excellent but the next songs are only ok.
Stone Sour in my opinion are nearly as good as Slipknot. I've got SS's album and nearly all the songs are good, like Iowa
Sun 16/03/03 at 16:33
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Slipknot are OK. I own one of their albums and some of the songs are good but most of the album is a bit crap! The singer (Corey Taylor?!) is better off in Stone Sour. Personally, I think that is a much better band than Slipknot.
Sun 16/03/03 at 15:44
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I shall convert you all to liking Refused. Go download 'Coup D'etat' and 'Hook, Line and Sinker'. Then get 'New Noise'. Dennis Lxyzen is god.
Sun 16/03/03 at 15:37
Regular
Worst. Band. Ever!
Sun 16/03/03 at 12:00
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
what a moron
Sat 15/03/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Slipknot - Stupid idiots who like halloween too much and dance around in stupid masks thinking they're hard nuts when I would box the crap out of all of them. They cannot sing, just shout into the microphone and you cant understand what they're on about. The bass players and guitarists are quite talented and can play some complex tunes. Personally I think they look like goons and dont find their music appealing but everyone to their own eh!
Sat 15/03/03 at 21:50
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Whoa! Another Rhapsody fan! It's not often you bump into a Rhapsody fan :)
Rhapsody are cool, I admit, but not as good as Slipknot ;)
Sat 15/03/03 at 21:33
Regular
"¬_¬"
Slipknot aren't very good.
No, they're absolutely abysmal.

Kamelot, Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, Metallica, Pantera, Smash Mouth and Tenacious D are good examples of good Metal bands. Though Smash Mouth and Tenacious D aren't metal, they capture the essence of good metal bands.
Sat 15/03/03 at 12:55
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
So you got Sid's mask then? I always wanted Mick's mask because his is the best!
My friend saw them at Leeds last year and he said they were brilliant

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.