GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slipknot"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/03/03 at 19:51
Regular
Does anyone want to hold a discussion with me about Slipknot?
I think Slipknot are awesome, and I'm tired of trendies who put them down all the time because they shout rather than sing properly. I think that all of the members are very talented, especially Joey Jordison who, in my opinion, is the best drummer in the WORLD!! I think that Mick and Jim are excellent guitarists, and the other two percussionists are cool as well....so is Sid :)
I think all of the songs they have released are excellent, especially Left Behind, that's always been a fav of mine.
I picked up the Disasterpieces DVD a month ago and I've been watching it non-stop every since. I think it's awesome, it's crazy!
All of the songs they perform are superior to any band I've ever seen live. They've got so much energy live it's unbelieveable. I've got both albums now and I think that both are phenominal, I listen to them all the time because nearly all the songs on each album are good.
My favourite songs are Purity because I like the chorus, Eyeless because I like the verses and it's speed, I am Hated and Spit it Out because the verses are very fast and I think Corey is good at singing fast. I also now like Disasterpieces because on the DVD they perform it really well. There's an excellent shot of the two guitarists in the Heretic Anthem and the two solos (Sid-DJ and Joey-Drums) are just mesmorizing. I definetely recommend the DVD to any Slipknot fans out there. I've just recently seen them unmasked from some images I downloaded from Kazaa, I think that Shawn looks a lot different to what I expected. He kind of reminds me of the Comic Book guy in the Simpsons but with the mask on and performing on the drums he seems totally different and really crazy.
I also think that they shouldn't split up after the next album (that's what the rumours are) because I think that as a band over the last few years they've just got better and better, and they deserve more fame for being daring enough to challenge all music fans with their style of music. Slipknot are definetely one of the best rock bands around and I hope we see more of them for a while. My favourite members are Corey and Jim because they are also in Stone Sour, another favourite band of mine.

As you can see I'm a bit of a fan and I would love to talk to someone about them :)

Pheew, I'm tired lol
Wed 19/03/03 at 21:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I just generaly dislike death/thrash/heavy metal.

Good old pseudo-metal, rock, soft rock and a bit of punk for me.

Pseudo-metal? Probably........

Whats At The Drive In Then?
Wed 19/03/03 at 20:42
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
The drunken Terd wrote:
> I think Slipknot Rule
> Unlike possum

You can go eat a bus DT.
Tue 18/03/03 at 20:44
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Yes, Stone Sour did Bother, as seen on TOTP on Friday. I know what you mean about a different style from other songs they have done. To be honest, when I first heard it on the Spiderman soundtrack I thought it was bad, but then I got SS's album and listened to it loads of times and grew to like it. I think it's a very meaningful song, and I like those ;)
Tue 18/03/03 at 20:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Am I right that Stone Sour were the ones who did the song Bother?

It's a bit of a change from their style of music, I actually liked it!

I'm not a personal fan of Slipknot and never will be...

I can't understand why people like the music but then I can't understand why crap such as Ja Rule and Blazin' Squad sell so well either...

Just different music for different people...
Tue 18/03/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Bleeders wrote:
> Barker wrote:
> Does anyone want to hold a discussion with me about Slipknot?
> I think Slipknot are awesome, and I'm tired of trendies who put them
> down all the time because they shout rather than sing properly. I
> think that all of the members are very talented, especially Joey
> Jordison who, in my opinion, is the best drummer in the WORLD
>
> Yeah, Jordison isn't bad. Although stick him next to Chris Pienne,
> Gene Hoglan, Dave Lombardo or Danny Carey and he'd look decidedly
> ordinary.

He never looks physically ordinary under all that makeup... ho ho ho. (:-)
Tue 18/03/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Barker wrote:
> Does anyone want to hold a discussion with me about Slipknot?
> I think Slipknot are awesome, and I'm tired of trendies who put them
> down all the time because they shout rather than sing properly. I
> think that all of the members are very talented, especially Joey
> Jordison who, in my opinion, is the best drummer in the WORLD

Yeah, Jordison isn't bad. Although stick him next to Chris Pienne, Gene Hoglan, Dave Lombardo or Danny Carey and he'd look decidedly ordinary.
Tue 18/03/03 at 08:30
Regular
"Severly mind-warped"
Slaveunit wrote:
> I also have Mate feed kill repeat. Not on CD, but CDR off a mate.

That's what I'm going to do. Could someone send me a track list please?
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
I think Slipknot Rule
Unlike possum
Mon 17/03/03 at 16:25
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Slipknot are cool- but I think Napalm death and Cumchrist are good bands in comparisson- downloaded Crucifixion must Hurt like a B**ch by cumchrist- Sounds a bit like New Abortion by Slipknot. Rock on, Chaps!
Mon 17/03/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I managed to get a signing ar Reading last year, we were queueing for bloody ages and loads of people were pushing in, so I thought 'sod this' and pushed in myself. I know it was wrong but when in rome...

I also have Mate feed kill repeat. Not on CD, but CDR off a mate. Seen them live about 4 times now, and saw stonesour a couple of weeks ago at the Astoria. Not into Murderdolls though, too cheesy and ACDC-esque.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.